By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
MoHasanie said:
Rare should make a kart racer like Diddy Kong racing but I don't think MS has enough recognizable child friendly characters to make a game like that good.

They have several cartoony IP's they could draw from, Banjo, Conker,Kameo, Viva Pinata. Besides, there's nothing stopping them from having stuff from their more realistic adult IP's. Kart racers don't have to have all kid friendly IP's like Mario Kart, there are only a few kid friendly IP's in the Sonic & Sega kart racing games and they still sold quite well. If MS pulled characters and tracks from Halo, Gears, Fable, Crackdown, Banjo, Conker, Kameo, Viva Pinata, etc they'd do just fine imo. They can have characters and tracks from mature games while still maintaining an E for Everyone rating as long as there is no language, blood, sex, drugs, etc.

hmm, I dunno. Not sure if it will be fun playing as the Masterchief or Marcus Fenix but that's just me.

But aren't kart racers more appealing to kids? I haven't seen a kart racer targetted at teens or adults. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

the line up looks fine but I can't stop thinking that they can do so much more and choose not to...

The Halo 5 Limited Edition console is #2 on amazon as I post this. That's very good, especially since its $100 more than the Forza 6 limited edition and standard 1TB.

lol dat Mafia 3 with a redneck, a black guy and an italian guy (Vito obviously)

When Microsoft revealed at their briefing at Gamescom this Tuesday that Windows 10 was on its way to the Xbox One we got November as a launch time. Now however Mike Ybarra, head of platform engineering at Xbox, has announced that preview testers, the ones that have been able to try the backward compatibility so far, will get to early access to the Win10 upgrade in September, this to help Microsoft in the same way as with the BC program. This seems like a good idea since that will give Microsoft roughly 2 months to work out the last bugs and fixes before launching to the rest of the world later in November.

Around the Network

10 min crackdown demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFWIpAPvF-Q&feature=youtu.be

shikamaru317 said:
MoHasanie said:

hmm, I dunno. Not sure if it will be fun playing as the Masterchief or Marcus Fenix but that's just me.

But aren't kart racers more appealing to kids? I haven't seen a kart racer targetted at teens or adults. 

Personally I'd love to play as Master Chief riding around in a Warthog based kart xD And imagine tracks based on those final warthog escape levels from Halo 1 and 3.

I don't really think any kart racer is targeted at kids exclusively, even Mario Kart appeals to plenty of teens and adults. After all, the average age of Nintendo fans nowadays is likely well over 20 since Nintendo has been around so long. I don't think there's anything wrong with pulling characters from mature IP's as long as there's no blood, language, sex, etc. from those IP's. Sonic and Sega racing has characters and tracks from plenty of mature IP's, Shenmue, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Panzer Dragoon, Afterburner, etc., and it's my favorite Kart racing series, sold pretty well too, 2nd bestselling kart racing series behind Mario Kart if I'm not mistaken.

I loved this missions in Halo 1 and 3! 

Mario Kart appeals to adults and teens because they used to play the game when they were younger. And even from the way Nintendo markets Mario Kart and the Wii U, they are clearly targeting kids. I'm not saying that this type of game won't appeal to older people, but most of the customer base will be kids. 

GamechaserBE said:
the line up looks fine but I can't stop thinking that they can do so much more and choose not to...

What do you mean? What do you want them to do? 

EspadaGrim said:
MoHasanie said:

I'd prefer if they bought Remedy. 

The problem with Remedy is that they take so long to make a one game and Platinum has proven that they are capable of making quality AAA games very quickly. Remedy would still be a very good pick up though but Platinum would have an Immediate impact on Microsofts library of games.

That's true. Both are similar sized studios so either would work. But I think Remedy's games appeal more to the Xbox audience than Platinum's games do. 

Azerth said:
10 min crackdown demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFWIpAPvF-Q&feature=youtu.be

I'm so psyched for this game. The destruction is unreal.