By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/eav7it/rumour_xbox_series_x_have_more_launch_titles_than/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Apparently this guy leaked that Hellblade 2 would be at the game awards and he's saying MS has 12-16 planned exclusives for the series X launch while sony plans to offer enhancements to games like the TLOU2 etc.

If this is true I could see like 4 AAA caliber exclusives and the rest being small projects or XGS published games for gamepass.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/eav7it/rumour_xbox_series_x_have_more_launch_titles_than/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Apparently this guy leaked that Hellblade 2 would be at the game awards and he's saying MS has 12-16 planned exclusives for the series X launch while sony plans to offer enhancements to games like the TLOU2 etc.

If this is true I could see like 4 AAA caliber exclusives and the rest being small projects or XGS published games for gamepass.

So how big are the chances that one person outside of Sony and Microsoft

- knows the launch titles (or number of launch titles) of the new Xbox one year in advance AND

- ALSO knows the launch titles (or number of launch titles) of the new PlayStation one year in advance AND

- ain't afraid to publicise these insider informations although he would be probably sued by both companies and burn bridges with them

The reality is that Sony Blew their load that is why they did not have PSX and E3 this year, LoU2, DS, Ghosts enhancements are predictable and more than likely Horizon 2 and 1 AAA 3rd party exclusive games. Insomniac is the only studio they have that could come with a surprise title outside of the predictable Spider-Man 2.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 16 December 2019

Conina said:
jason1637 said:

So how big are the chances that one person outside of Sony and Microsoft

- knows the launch titles (or number of launch titles) of the new Xbox one year in advance AND

- ALSO knows the launch titles (or number of launch titles) of the new PlayStation one year in advance AND

- ain't afraid to publicise these insider informations although he would be probably sued by both companies and burn bridges with them

Yeah rumors should be taken with a grain of salt since we're still a little under a year away from the consoles launching but the guy does have a track record so we never really don't know how accurate it is.

EspadaGrim said:

The reality is that Sony Blew their load that is why they did not have PSX and or E3 this year, LoU2, DS, Ghosts enhancements are predictable and more than likely Horizon 2 and 1 AAA 3rd party exclusive games/ Insomniac is the only studio they have that could come with a surprise title outside of the predictable Spider-Man 2.

Yeah this is why I could see it being somewhat true. Most of Sonys first party dev's won't make launch since a lot of their games started hitting mid to late this gen. I could see them filling their laun with published games like the one shown at TGA. Something similar happened with the PS4 when their only AAA launch game was Killzone with some AA games like Knack.

As for MS I really won't be surprised if they dump a dozen or so A-AAA games at launch for gamepass to build up a nextgen catalog. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
EspadaGrim said:

The reality is that Sony Blew their load that is why they did not have PSX and or E3 this year, LoU2, DS, Ghosts enhancements are predictable and more than likely Horizon 2 and 1 AAA 3rd party exclusive games/ Insomniac is the only studio they have that could come with a surprise title outside of the predictable Spider-Man 2.

Yeah this is why I could see it being somewhat true. Most of Sonys first party dev's won't make launch since a lot of their games started hitting mid to late this gen. I could see them filling their laun with published games like the one shown at TGA. Something similar happened with the PS4 when their only AAA launch game was Killzone with some AA games like Knack.

As for MS I really won't be surprised if they dump a dozen or so A-AAA games at launch for gamepass to build up a nextgen catalog. 

Yeah PS4 only had Killzone at Launch and Infamous year one, Dive Club was supposed to be launch but got delayed a year. I’m speaking of AAA of course.

I assume that leak means first party only? Because we already know PS5 is gonna have Godfall at launch so there can't be no exclusives. 

12-16 seems like a lot for Series X as well, especially with already having a huge one in Halo Infinite, so would it not be more beneficial to spread them out more at that point? 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 15 December 2019

Forza Motorsport 8 is getting revealed according to the latest ForzaFriday stream by Turn 10. https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-forza-motorsport-game-is-already-playable-with-plans-for-an-official-announcement-next-year/
They also spoke about some neat new features.
"Esaki began to "rattle off" a number of new features coming to the next installment in the racing franchise, including a "new tire model [and] new tire pressure model", explaining that Turn 10 has developed "a new way that heat interacts with the tire pressure, and we actually have dynamic track temperatures affecting this all.
""We have dynamic rubbering-in on track", continued Esaki, "a new atmosphere pressure system that accurately has pressure affecting things like air density affecting tire dynamics and power [and] an entirely new suspension system with new suspension modeling. I'm missing about 15 other things that's all under the hood, and that's just kind of the moment-to-moment, rubber meets the road experience.""

jason1637 said:

Forza Motorsport 8 is getting revealed according to the latest ForzaFriday stream by Turn 10. https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-forza-motorsport-game-is-already-playable-with-plans-for-an-official-announcement-next-year/
They also spoke about some neat new features.
"Esaki began to "rattle off" a number of new features coming to the next installment in the racing franchise, including a "new tire model [and] new tire pressure model", explaining that Turn 10 has developed "a new way that heat interacts with the tire pressure, and we actually have dynamic track temperatures affecting this all.
""We have dynamic rubbering-in on track", continued Esaki, "a new atmosphere pressure system that accurately has pressure affecting things like air density affecting tire dynamics and power [and] an entirely new suspension system with new suspension modeling. I'm missing about 15 other things that's all under the hood, and that's just kind of the moment-to-moment, rubber meets the road experience.""

Sweet. I love the sound of all that.

I think MS are currently waiting for Sony's move. If they do a early 2020 reveal I think MS will have an event a few weeks after them but if they don't do it until late April/May I think Xbox will be happy to just leave it to E3. If the rumoured mid February for PS5 reveal turns out I think MS will already have a early March event pencilled in ready to drop more info. I don't expect anymore games to be shown before E3 though just more console stuff.