By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
ironmanDX said:

How long ago did you do your play-through? I'm wondering if most of the bug have been patched out before I begin my play-through.

the bugs were server related or in like 95% of the cases.

I do not remember any bugs during my playthrough.  From what I remember during launch, it was kicking people out when playing co-op because the servers were under load.  As far as gameplay wise, it was pretty smooth from start to finish.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
konnichiwa said:

the bugs were server related or in like 95% of the cases.

I do not remember any bugs during my playthrough.  From what I remember during launch, it was kicking people out when playing co-op because the servers were under load.  As far as gameplay wise, it was pretty smooth from start to finish.

Recorded this one yesterday lol

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:
We understand that Microsoft has been seeking feedback from developers on its next-gen Xbox plans in recent months, and we initially heard the company had scrapped its Lockhart plans ahead of E3. Microsoft still hasn’t finalized its next-gen Xbox hardware specs, but we understand Lockhart will now be part of the holiday 2020 launch.

Microsoft’s Anaconda console will be the true next-gen leap, and sources tell The Verge that Microsoft is targeting more than 10 teraflops of graphical power on this particular console. Plans for Lockhart may change, but currently this console will debut with around 4 teraflops of graphical power.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/4/20995436/microsoft-next-xbox-new-project-scarlett-lockhart-anaconda-launch-details

Please MS, bump Lockhart up to 6 or 7 tflops. 4 tflop will not be enough to hit 1440p with the same graphics settings as Anaconda hits at 4k if Anaconda is over 10 tflop. Even 1080p with the same graphics settings won't be possible with just 4 tflop. And if devs have to lower graphics settings as well as resolution to get a game to run on Lockhart, that makes porting harder for them and will hold back the graphics of games on Xbox next gen, because it is easier to scale up than it is to scale down.

If they hit 4.5tflops with the new architecture you could be looking at the X1X for GPU power and with better components for other parts it should be a decent machine if they can get it out there for $299 as a price point for next gen entry will be key to it.

Ryuu96 said:

I presume he's referring to the rumour that PS5 was supposed to be 2019 but got pushed back to 2020?

Quite a lot to take away from that tweet.

Around the Network

Time to get in touch with Phil's maid service

Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jStbJDsiSU

What was the video?

WoodenPints said:

Fake news. This does not fit current narrative of Xbox Dev kits being behind. Will choose to ignore and/or take it as PR lies.

I feel like the Lockhart console in it's current state is a bad idea. With this gen MS was aiming for 1080p but the XBO got a lot of games that were under that and the same will probably happen to a 1440p Lockhart. I could see most of those games being 1080p and that could be a huge bottleneck ad the generation progresses. If they're gonna do Lockhart just make it discless and with maybe a few less ports but with the same 10tf power.

shikamaru317 said:
WoodenPints said:

Indeed, there is quite alot you can take from that:

-MS has either completed the design of the system, or at least created a working prototype of it. I doubt he would taken a bulky "PC in a giant case" devkit home with him, which likely means that he has a working console form factor system.

-The operating system is working and already allows connection with the XB1 ecosystem. 

-All of the Xbox One games he plays have working backwards compatibility on Scarlett. 

-He mentions an Elite controller, rather than saying that he has the new Scarlett controller. This either means that the Scarlett controller (and Scarlett Elite controller) aren't done yet, or that they are bundling the Elite V2 with Scarlett instead of designing a new controller. Most likely the former, the Elite V2 controller costs too much to bundle with a system that is likely aiming for $500 or less, and it would also lack features such as the haptic feedback of the PS5 controller, which MS has surely heard about by now and will want to have similar tech in their Scarlett controller. 

I'm pretty confident they won't be shipping any console with the Elite controller but that was in to just say were already up and running with current gen accessories running on Scarlett. I think one of the other mains things about the timing of that tease is to shutdown all the Xbox is behind and has no devkits narrative that's been circling everywhere this past week.

Another potential thing about the "this week I brought my Project Scarlett console home" Is maybe made to say it's only one console rather than plural as that rumour of Lockhart resurfaced a few hours previous to his tweet with this been an a planned information leak to clear up a few things.