By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I really enjoyed the Gears 5 campaign personally. I'm perfectly happy to have them move forward along the same lines. I just hope that it's not as buggy next time around, that really diminished what was an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable experience for me.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
I really enjoyed the Gears 5 campaign personally. I'm perfectly happy to have them move forward along the same lines. I just hope that it's not as buggy next time around, that really diminished what was an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable experience for me.

How long ago did you do your play-through? I'm wondering if most of the bug have been patched out before I begin my play-through.

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

How long ago did you do your play-through? I'm wondering if most of the bug have been patched out before I begin my play-through.

I played it at launch, so I would expect that those things have been ironed out by now. One would certainly hope so, anyway

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

I'm not sure what bugs he mentioned exactly, but I did encounter some bugs myself.

They were present between early access and launch but since launch I haven't encountered any more of them.

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

the bugs were server related or in like 95% of the cases.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:
- Engine is from Asobo.
- No casual mode.
- Around 200 people working on it, 120 from Asobo, around 20-30 from Microsoft and a few smaller teams.
- Currently at pre technical alpha stage of development.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/567459-new-interview-with-j%C3%B6rg-neumann-v2/

I do hope that they add some kind of casual mode for the console release. I mean they pretty much have to, right? There are far too many controls in simulator mode for it to be playable on an Xbox controller, and while Xbox does support mouse and keyboard, I can't see them having an Xbox game that requires a mouse and keyboard to play. Having an option for simplistic controller based flight controls like Ace Combat, as well as a simulator option on mouse and keyboard, would be ideal for the console version. 

Yeah I do agree with that having a mode just to chill and fly around would be a good addition and it also goes with the accessibility that MS have been pushing the past couple of years. I quite like everything about Elite Dangerous but docking your ship is like fighting the final boss in any JRPG whilst been massively under-leveled hah, It became more of an annoyance with the pure sim element of the games rather than just been a basic start/end of your journey.

I know those on hardcore sim side of things will hate the idea of an accessible mode but it really does open it up to way more players and the development focus will still always be on the sim side of things and wouldn't take away from those who love that.

Ryuu96 said:
The All-Digital version was the most successful edition of them all.

Well they sold the All-Digital version for €89 - €99 here in Germany.

In that price region you buy stuff just because.

Category Top Pick Runner-Up
Best Shooter  Gears 5  The Division 2
Best Action/Action-Adventure  Crackdown 3  Outer Wilds
Best RPG  The Outer Worlds  Kingdom Hearts III
Best Platformer  Trials Rising  -
Best Fighter  Dead or Alive 6  Jump Force
Best Horror  World War Z  -
Best Sports/Racing Crash Team Racing  Trials Rising
Best Soundtrack  -  -
Best Art Design  Kingdom Hearts III  Devil May Cry 5
Best Graphics  Gears 5  Devil May Cry 5
Best Male Performance  Terry Crews / Crackdown 3  Donald / Kingdom Hearts III
Best Female Performance  Kait /Gears 5  Parvati / The Outer Worlds
Best Moment/Sequence in a Video Game Theatre / Gears 5 Kingdom of Corona / Kingdom Hearts III
Best Singleplayer  The Outer Worlds  Gears 5
Best Multiplayer  World War Z  Gears 5
Best Story  The Outer Worlds  Gears 5
Best Games With Gold Release List  Forza Motorsport 6 Hitman
Best Backwards Compatibility Release List  Crackdown 2  Trials Evolution
Best Indie  Guacamelee 2  Outer Wilds
Best Xbox Console Exclusive  Gears 5  Crackdown 3
Overall Xbox Game of the Year  The Outer Worlds Gears 5
Most Anticipated 2020 Multiplat  Cyberpunk 2077 Watch Dogs Legion
Most Anticipated 2020 Xbox Console Exclusive  Halo Infinite  Ori and the Will of the Wisps

As usual, I haven't played enough recent games to make a full list. I'm sure Metro Exodus would've gotten a spot as best shooter, but I just haven't played it enough to fully judge it.
Likewise I only played Gears 5 and WW:Z online this year, so they automatically made the list. I had fun with both in multiplayer.
Furthermore I can only judge the visuals in DMC V.

Last edited by Barozi - on 27 December 2019

Conina said:
Ryuu96 said:
The All-Digital version was the most successful edition of them all.

Well they sold the All-Digital version for €89 - €99 here in Germany.

In that price region you buy stuff just because.

I didn't!

Two Xbox Ones are enough, I say.

Ryuu96 said:
Currently 111,604 players on Reach for Steam, 114,000 Twitch viewers.

Now imagine when Halo 3 launches, or Halo Infinite...

It's even higher now. Crazy when you think about how it's also on Gamepass.