By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Started Gears 5.

"Bootcamp" tutorial is far too long and tedious.
Next thing I wanted to try is online. Selected versus quickplay.... After 2 minutes of waiting I cancelled matchmaking and tried again. This time it worked. Had a really good round and then got kicked before the round was over.

Yeah..... I think I'm going to wait for an update.

Around the Network

After the first Act I must say it is growing on me if this continues it is the best Gears for me.

I tried to play Gears 5 versus yesterday but not a chance.. matchmaking just keeps disconnecting. Can't play campaign yet either because I want to play it with my brother as always. Co-op versus AI worked fine but it's boring. New maps are cool but it takes time to adjust to new stuff. Rifles seem to be too powerful for my taste.

Hope they'll fix all the issues in the next 12 hours because I was planning to spend my night shift playing horde :P

Gears 5 campaign is great so far. A return to form. I'm mostly a campaign guy and I haven't been this satisfied since Gears 1-3.
Only problem: Xbox Live went down mid-game. I logged out to add another player and was never able to log back in.

Gears 5 is fun but holy shit it has issues. Don't know to what extent it's bugs vs server issues, but bottom line….shit don't work proper.

Around the Network

the issues started exactly when the game went live in USA XD. I have no issues in the morning in Europe, then afternoon comes Yanks wake up and bam logged out.

Gears 5 is an incredibly good looking game. The Coalition know how to make some of the best visuals we have seen. I haven't touched the multiplayer yet but hearing it has server issues so ill just focus on the campaign first.

Barozi said:
Started Gears 5.

"Bootcamp" tutorial is far too long and tedious.
Next thing I wanted to try is online. Selected versus quickplay.... After 2 minutes of waiting I cancelled matchmaking and tried again. This time it worked. Had a really good round and then got kicked before the round was over.

Yeah..... I think I'm going to wait for an update.

Xbox Live was down quite a bit the last few days. It wasnt only Gears having issues.

edit : nevermind it's all good.

Last edited by Keiji - on 08 September 2019

It does seem it's taking a while for TC to fix the issues. But from what I've played so far, Escape was surprisingly fun and they've improved horde a lot! Got disconnected during wave 28 though.

It'll take time to adjust to new more casual weapon balancing of versus but it's not too bad.

Still haven't touched the campaign. Don't want to deal with bugs and crashing.