By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KiigelHeart said:
It does seem it's taking a while for TC to fix the issues. But from what I've played so far, Escape was surprisingly fun and they've improved horde a lot! Got disconnected during wave 28 though.

It'll take time to adjust to new more casual weapon balancing of versus but it's not too bad.

Still haven't touched the campaign. Don't want to deal with bugs and crashing.

Might be for the better. Got a crash to dashboard during the opening cutscene in Act 1 Chapter 3. Playing the previous two chapters went smoothly though.

Around the Network

Huh I've had no issues playing.

jason1637 said:
Huh I've had no issues playing.

I've only had one issue with the collectibles but nothing else.

I'm only early on, Act 1, Chapter 3 on Experienced. So far having a great time with Gears 5. I am also playing on an LG 55inch OLED with an Xbox One X...it just looks divine.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

KiigelHeart said:
It does seem it's taking a while for TC to fix the issues. But from what I've played so far, Escape was surprisingly fun and they've improved horde a lot! Got disconnected during wave 28 though.

It'll take time to adjust to new more casual weapon balancing of versus but it's not too bad.

Hmm, I haven't seen any bugs in the campaign.  Is this PC or Xbox.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
KiigelHeart said:

Xbox. I haven't played it myself but Ryuu and many people on Gears forum are talking about issues. Disconnects, achievements not unlocking or tracking, broken checkpoints etc.

Good to hear not everyone's affected. Maybe it's online co-op only because of broken servers?

KiigelHeart said:
Machiavellian said:

Xbox. I haven't played it myself but Ryuu and many people on Gears forum are talking about issues. Disconnects, achievements not unlocking or tracking, broken checkpoints etc.

Good to hear not everyone's affected. Maybe it's online co-op only because of broken servers?

I will say during my play I saw it connect and disconnect a lot as that prompt would pop up but as far as effecting the campaign during my play time it had no effect.  I do plan on using split screen with my son once I finish the game so will see how that works out.

Ryuu96 said:

Gears 5 campaign completed, God awful servers aside, I think this was my favourite Gears campaign of the entire series and a lot better than Gears 4, I thought G4 campaign was good but it had really bad pacing at the start-mid section of the game which felt like it was dragging out, I think mostly because I found the DeeBee's boring to fight after a while.

Anyway, the pacing in G5 is perfect imo, nothing felt like it was dragging out for too long, didn't find any of the enemies boring to fight, set pieces and graphics were amazing, main characters have improved along with the traditional cast, open world could be improved but it was quick enough to do all the side missions in it and they gave some nice lore bits.

Jack is a great addition too, one of the most useful AI teammates in a shooter for me, usually the friendly AI suck, Jack saved our asses a few times on his own and his abilities are really useful too, stealth worked pretty well for the most part, and there was some nice horror vibes going on in parts, along with good enemy variety.

Going to wait until more people finish it before I talk about the story (Spoiler tagged obviously).

Good to hear :) Started some horde and want to wait for the campaign :) As I did not complete G4 and right of the start of G5 there is a recap... I closed the game right there and started G4 to finish it!

So hopefully I'll play the campaign this week when I'll be done G4.

Just bought the physical version of Valkyria Chronicles 4 for 5€.
What a deal. Completely forgot about the existence of this game.
The low sales of this game on Xbox is really a crime though. Only 1,500 owners on TA. That's not helping Xbox in attracting more Japanese developers.

I already finished the story mode and only encountered about 3 or 4 server issues overall. The campaign is easily better than Gears 4 and escape mode is quite enjoyable, haven't touch horde mode just yet and only entered versus mode a few times via co-op.

Proud to be a Californian.