By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not just stacking, my older code ran out, so it's that you can't ever use 2 on the same account. I'll PM you the code.

There have already been a few occasions where Microsoft offered GamePass for $1. While these aren't stackable either, you can buy these with the same account every time MS offers them. Only requirement is that you don't have an active GamePass subscribtion.
They did it in January, May and June. Basically I've paid $3 for 3 months of GamePass this year so far.

I just finished KOTOR for the first time thanks to the $1 month of gamepass haha

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
VGPolyglot said:
Welp, guys I ended up getting the X. It was a deal along with Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Shadow of War is really good without all the microtransaction bullshit they have now removed.

If they hadn't included it in the first place the game would likely be an 8.5-9.

I'm not sure when I'll get to it, I still have Shadow of Mordor sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played

WoodenPints said:
Barozi said:
So I had the time to test two of the games from the Free Play Days.

7 Days to Die.
Wow what a horrible game. The reviews are definitely right on this one. On a technical level, this game looks worse than any 360 game. Serious bugs on top of that and a game that just isn't fun to play. I just did some of the basics and honestly wouldn't want to play any further. Didn't manage to kill even one zombie. Various traps didn't do much and the wooden club does 0 damage. No idea how to kill one of them, but surely not possible in the early parts of the game. You'd probably need to craft some serious shit.
3/10

Killing Floor 2
Pretty fun and IMO a good bit better than the first, which didn't really impress me back in the days. You've got some creative enemy types and bosses, lots of guns to chose from and truly excellent maps. I was playing a few rounds and I have to say this game is not easy, even on the lowest difficulty. You definitely need a few capable teammates or else you're not gonna beat the boss. Obviously a lot of newbies were playing with me and you could tell that most had no clue what they were doing (not unlike myself in the first match). Still, it's a bit same-ish and I only played around 5 matches.
7.5/10

The class perks make a massive difference, Once you get the level 10/15 perks along with the % bonuses you gain per level normal becomes a walk in the park, Hell on Earth is another level thou and becomes really challenging even at max levels as Zed's get more skills as you increase in difficulty along with speed, health and damage. It's a fun game overall and I do play it now and again on PC, maybe I should try it on Xbox whilst it's free :D

Yeah I can believe that. I was mostly playing with level 0-3 guys and usually one that was 15-20. I tried to stick with him as much as I could lol.
In one survival match, our entire team (except him) was defeated during the boss round (Abomination) and he was single handedly doing 80% damage to him. He then made a stupid mistake and got himself cornered....

VGPolyglot said:
starcraft said:

Shadow of War is really good without all the microtransaction bullshit they have now removed.

If they hadn't included it in the first place the game would likely be an 8.5-9.

I'm not sure when I'll get to it, I still have Shadow of Mordor sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played

I am currently playing Shadow of Mordor right now as I am finishing up my backlog of games.  So far, I am really enjoying it.  I have just made it to act two which seems a big leg up from the first.  Not sure how the Microstransaction effected the game but since they are gone, I can see this game getting high scores from what I have played so far.

Is anyone buying Nier: Automata? I would've bought it day 1 if it had a physical release but now i'm going to wait for a price drop.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
VGPolyglot said:

I am currently playing Shadow of Mordor right now as I am finishing up my backlog of games.  So far, I am really enjoying it.  I have just made it to act two which seems a big leg up from the first.  Not sure how the Microstransaction effected the game but since they are gone, I can see this game getting high scores from what I have played so far.

Shadow of Mordor didn't really have MTX's. Its Shadow of War (the sequel) that had them (now removed).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DeusXmachina said:
Is anyone buying Nier: Automata? I would've bought it day 1 if it had a physical release but now i'm going to wait for a price drop.

I will wait for a price drop too.

DeusXmachina said:

I played it on the PS4 but to be honest, I wasn't a big fan.  I only completed it once so maybe it gets better after multiple playthroughs but I have a big backlog so its hard for me to come back to something that didn't thrill me the first time.

starcraft said:
Machiavellian said:

Shadow of Mordor didn't really have MTX's. Its Shadow of War (the sequel) that had them (now removed).

LOL, my bag, I am playing Shadow of War the sequel.  Interesting enough, I have the first one but never got around to playing it but decided to just play the sequel.

Machiavellian said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't really know how the MTX previously affected the game but they are still available until 17th July from earning stuff in game to buy chests I think, After 17th July the market and gold disappear and anything that gave them will give legendary gear instead. At least that is what I gathered from their FAQ on it but I haven't played it yet but since I was going to then saw the changes and decided I would wait until after 17th July and the update to jump in.