By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
darkenergy said:
Xbox One hardware in the UK is around 120K for the launch week of the X which sold 80K which makes the rest around 40K, this is more than I thought. Nice!

What's really crazy is that PS4 + switch only did 57k. So unless one of those did 41k(meaning the other did only 16k) the xboxone S outsold both of them.is this evidence of what to come this holiday not only in the U.K. But America too? 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
I just tried Mcdonalds mcrib and that thing is horrible . BTW when soneone downloads a games with gold game free for the month and gold subscribtion expires do i keep the game if i no longer use a gold membership ?

You keep all your games with gold, even after expiry. They're yours, just like if you had bought them.

Kaneman! said:
dx11332sega said:
I just tried Mcdonalds mcrib and that thing is horrible . BTW when soneone downloads a games with gold game free for the month and gold subscribtion expires do i keep the game if i no longer use a gold membership ?

You keep all your games with gold, even after expiry. They're yours, just like if you had bought them.

No. You need to renew subscription in order to play them. So, it isn't like you had bought them. Though it is only true for Xbox One games. 360 games can be played without subscription

derpysquirtle64 said:

No. You need to renew subscription in order to play them. So, it isn't like you had bought them. Though it is only true for Xbox One games. 360 games can be played without subscription

Since when?

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

When did they change that? I remember last gen it was GWG's main selling point over PS+, being able to play the games after your sub expired. Dumb of MS to drop that advantage on purpose. 

It's been like this ever since Xbox One launched.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

When did they change that? I remember last gen it was GWG's main selling point over PS+, being able to play the games after your sub expired. Dumb of MS to drop that advantage on purpose. 

After the backlash against their family sharing model (the same one that allowed Sony to get away with charging for online without a flutter from the gaming community) MS had to re-work their economy. This was one of the changes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yes the X1X I ordered is finally on its way :) Hopefully it'll make it here by friday,

wow I really expected people who regularly visit the Xbox Empire thread to know that X1 GwG games can't be played without a subscription. I see that question popping up at least once a month on various sites (not specifically in this thread though).

Last edited by Barozi - on 15 November 2017

Yes as the others said it was always like this for Xbox One games. That is the reason why I bought sunset overdrive on disc except having it for free with gwg. I love collecting discs though so I probably would have bought it anyway but MS gave me another reason to do so.

I'm starting to hate NBA 2K18. It keeps kicking me out of My Career mode games saying Xbox Live disconnected even though I'm still connected. Why do I have to be connected to tge internet in the first place?
Do you know of any way I can avoid this?

Speaking of the game, it keeps getting worse and worse each year for me as they keep increasing the dead time. What I mean by dead time is the useless time you have to go through before starting the basketball game, pre game show, halftime show, entering the court sequence, useless SMS chats with couches or agents, and many other thing. It really frustrating. It elongates the play session. They keep adding to it each season.