By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I am definitely using the Alpha status. I just dig bleeding edge tech...

Around the Network

GODDAMNIT the grind is over. My son wanted to get these two special characters in Plants vs Zombies GW2 so I promised to do those gnome trials for him. It took weeks to get all four keys from special events, had to collect 200 rainbow stars and the do four trials and beat four bosses. And then I found out you need 150 more rainbow stars to open those character chests. I was about to cry like a baby until EA offered to give me these stars AND clear some excess weight from My bank account.

Tl;dr EA are the most good-natured company on Earth and I deserve a father of the year award.

Owlboy (Metascore 88) is coming to Xbox One in February!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/01/owlboy-coming-to-switch-xbox-one-ps4-next-year

Pretty much what you could expect from the game. Not a total disaster but it has also nothing which other good games don't do better.

68 is better than I thought it would do

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

Finished Yooka Laylee. Took me 16 hours and that includes getting many extras (for the cheevos). But I have no desire to collect every single quill. I've got maybe 80 (out of a bit over 1000) left but they could be everywhere.

Btw. I think it's weird that you can finish the game without beating any of the worlds bosses. Still need to beat the world 4 boss....

Yea I expect the physical card in a retail box is more to do with getting it in stores with a bigger shelf presence asap as getting disc produced could of been a longer process and arriving towards the end or after the holidays.

Oh nice they added that I was thinking about it just recently myself :)

shikamaru317 said:

MS has done a really poor job on bundling and pricing so far this Fall.

Microsoft Sony
1 TB AC Origins- $350 1 TB CoD WW2- $300
1 TB Shadow of War- $350 1 TB SW Battlefront 2- $300

Why the heck do they not have 500 GB bundles for their 2 big Fall/Holiday marketing deal games when they know that 500 GB bundles sell better than 1 TB bundles?And why are they currently $50 more than Sony's 1TB bundles? Get with the program MS, if you keep this up much longer you may lose November NPD to Sony in spite of XB1 X's release. Black Friday pricing is good so far, but November is more than just Black Friday. The fact that the top XB1 S SKU right now is the 500 GB no game SKU for $250 should tell MS they did something wrong with their pricing and bundling for the Holiday. 

Isn't this the 500GB AC origins bundle? it's $249. There are 500GB bundles for both Shadow fo War and AC: Origins in the UK.

I can't speak for the US but in the UK at the moment MS has their bundles on point and are very aggressively priced.

£199 500GB bundles - You can choose between either a 500GB AC: origins, Shadow of War or Forza Horizon 3 + Hotwheels expansion bundle then either a free copy of CoD: WWII or Fifa 18 with it for £199.

There is an even better option on ShopTo (popular online video game retailer in the UK for those who don't know) They have the same bundle offers as Amazon with a free Fifa 18 or CoD :WWII but also contains DOOM, Fallout 4 and Dishonoured 2 for £199 and + you can add in Forza 7 for £9.85 if purchased with the bundle.

If you take the full offer along with the Forza 7 your getting £160 worth of games and that is effectively £50 your paying for the console.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 05 November 2017

October gaming summary incoming!

Fable Anniversary - 50 achievements / 1000G

Gone Home - 10 achievements / 1000G

South Park: The Fractured but Whole - 15 achievements / 330G

Halo Wars 2 - 11 achievements / 100G

BioShock 2 - 11 achievements / 150G

Cuphead - 1 achievement / 30G

total = 2610G not too bad. It was great to play Fable again and South Park: FbW is a huge improvement over Stick of Truth. The latter was much funnier though, but gameplay wise Fractured but Whole is on another level.