By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So I love Xbox (have the x preordered), but it's become increasingly evident that it's not the console to play singleplayer games. first time I've actually thought about getting a PS4. We need games like that samurai game, last of us, and horizon. I'm jealous. Sigh..... I wish there where no exclusives. I can't stand psn, and their controller. But there is no denying that they have the better single player games.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

Yeah Microsoft really needs to step up their game when it comes to single player games. I'm really considering buying a PS4 for Spiderman and the Samurai game. Also the Switch is blowing them away with amazing single player games like Mario and Zelda.

hudsoniscool said:
So I love Xbox (have the x preordered), but it's become increasingly evident that it's not the console to play singleplayer games. first time I've actually thought about getting a PS4. We need games like that samurai game, last of us, and horizon. I'm jealous. Sigh..... I wish there where no exclusives. I can't stand psn, and their controller. But there is no denying that they have the better single player games.

Go pick up Wolfenstein! Xbox One X enhanced too!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Thread is now over 2000 pages.

Proud to be a Californian.

Versus_Evil said:
hudsoniscool said:

We live in a world where you can actually own both ... crazy i know.

lol, Exactly. Just get both. I don't understand why you have to be so dramatic about it.

Around the Network

MS's logic is "we can make more money on average from a multiplayer game" but what they totally miss is that they sell millions of consoles less as they could if they would also offer a decent amount of singleplayer games. All these customers would also buy other games on Xbox, they would pay for Xbox Live, they would buy peripheral and so on...

They aren't EA or Ubisoft who only have to think about the potential profit of every single game...they also have to think about how they can increase the sales of everything else with the games they offer. 

Gamers have to buy the games that are offered. They didn't/don't so I completely understand why MS goes to exactly what works. Gears Halo and Forza. They had Japanese games last generation that didn't sell. They had a few single player games this generation that didn't sell well.

The bad thing about that is ppl will get tired of the awesome few. They certainly have the money to invest in new IPs but I just think they don't have any good ideas. All this time and no newer games is bad. They're sitting on IPs that would have low risk high reward that could possibly take off. I'm too frustrated with MS.

Only games that interest me that won't come but should since they've always been Multi. Spiderman and Shenmue fuck all that other shit. 

Last edited by TheSting - on 31 October 2017

TheSting said:

Gamers have to buy the games that are offered. They didn't/don't so I completely understand why MS goes to exactly what works. Gears Halo and Forza. They had Japanese games last generation that didn't sell. They had a few single player games this generation that didn't sell well.

They probably expected Lost Odyssey to be a FF killer and when it didn't sell 5+ mil. they just decided japanese games don't sell and stop caring about them.

MS needs to be patient and build a fanbase for this kind of games on Xbox slowly by releasing quality games that don't have to sell huge numbers to be successful like the Tales of series.

Sadly, attempting to convince Satya "if it isn't a blockbuster off the bat it isn't worth it" Nadella of that is like pulling teeth...

Look at what happened to the Lumia line because it wasn't selling like the original Nokia feature phones...

TheSting said:

The bad thing about that is ppl will get tired of the awesome few. They certainly have the money to invest in new IPs but I just think they don't have any good ideas. All this time and no newer games is bad. They're sitting on IPs that would have low risk high reward that could possibly take off. I'm too frustrated with MS.

Only games that interest me that won't come but should since they've always been Multi. Spiderman and Shenmue fuck all that other shit. 

If MS expects that some games will sell great even though they don't have the fanbase for these game yet, it's their stupidness. You need some years and constant releases of these games to get people interested in that to buy your console.

Somebody who plays on Playstation doesn't buy an Xbox just because of Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. But some Playstation owners would buy an Xbox if they would see that MS releases good singleplayer games constantly. 

MS releases too few of them, they are on average not good enough and also not really games too many care about. Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break are simply not Horizon, Crash Bandicoot, TLoU or similar games which millions are interested in. 

And even if they have an advantage for multiplayer games (or at least no disadvantage) they lose even to fans of these games because their console sells much less which means people need a Playstation if they want to play with most of their friends. That's a huge problem for MS, that guy XY simply needs a PS and not an Xbox to play with his friends even if he prefers Xbox. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 31 October 2017