By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:

MS should be embarrassed about their software production, it's insane that they only have 4 game studios (Lift London & Mojang don't count) 3 who are locked into a single IP for Life, and honestly i have zero confidence in Sea of Thieves becoming successful it looks like a very expensive game. I know that Rare is working on some other games but i don't think that they will survive for us to even see those projects and if we do they probably won't even be AAA.

Honestly, I think that Sea of Thieves will flop hard. The same goes to Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2. I don't even think that SoT and CD3 will reach 1 million sales. And the main problem with Sea of Thieves as well as every other GaaS game is that if they flop, they will be closed down very quickly. It's just a waste of money if they don't succeed. The GaaS strategy only allows to make big profits in a long run. 

Around the Network

Ohh so they announced a date. They said "soon" in the stream when I watched.

jason1637 said:
PUBG is coming to Xbox One on December 12th. Will have a retail release and HDR and vaulting will be at launch. Game will be $30.

To be honest while I'm not really that interested in PUBG but I must admit that gaining even timed console exclusivity for it is the best decision MS has made probably in the last 2 years. In terms of their game library of course.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

MS should be embarrassed about their software production, it's insane that they only have 4 game studios (Lift London & Mojang don't count) 3 who are locked into a single IP for Life, and honestly i have zero confidence in Sea of Thieves becoming successful it looks like a very expensive game. I know that Rare is working on some other games but i don't think that they will survive for us to even see those projects and if we do they probably won't even be AAA.

Why doesn't Mojang count? Lift London definitely doesn't since they aren't a game studio

I'm fine with Rare making AA games, In fact they have plenty of IPs such as Banjo, Conker and Viva Pinata which are perfect for that business model, It's what they should be doing to begin with, while working on a big AAA title like Sea of Thieves they should have been releasing AA games alongside developement because if this game bombs, Rare is dead.

Mojang is a 1 hit wonder studio and i don't see them working on another game on the scale of Minecraft since Notch was the head guy and the rest of the staff were only there to help out with updating Minecraft. Also how did Lift London survive the Purge then?

derpysquirtle64 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Honestly, I think that Sea of Thieves will flop hard. The same goes to Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2. I don't even think that SoT and CD3 will reach 1 million sales. And the main problem with Sea of Thieves as well as every other GaaS game is that if they flop, they will be closed down very quickly. It's just a waste of money if they don't succeed. The GaaS strategy only allows to make big profits in a long run. 

I agree about SoT and Crackdown but State of Decay seems to improve over the original so i think it might even do better.

Around the Network

I really dunno what kind of game to expect from Gobo or Electric Square as they have re-branded to, Is that 55 staff across all Gobo or just for the Brighton studio?

DeusXmachina said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I agree about SoT and Crackdown but State of Decay seems to improve over the original so i think it might even do better.

Yeah, State of Decay probably has a chance. It probably should hit 1 million while the other games, they seem pretty bad. Just remember that Recore sold like 250k and Halo Wars 2 definitely sold less than 500k. So, I won't be surprised if Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves will sell the same amount.

Barozi said:

Summary for September:

45 achievements for Goat Simulator - 1195G
40 achievements for Minecraft - 685G
62 achievements for Fallout 3 GOTY - 1370G
8 achievements for Fight Night Round 3 - 1000G (360)
29 achievements for NBA 2K7- 605G (360)
6 achievements for Rocket League - 250G
4 achievements for Recore - 105G
26 achievements for Just Dance 2014 - 300G
7 achievements for Action Henk - 240G
3 achievements for Doodle God - 230G
4 achievements for Gems of War - 60G
3 achievements for F1 2015 - 80G
4 achievements for Organic Panic - 100G
3 achievements for Wheels of Aurelia - 135G
5 achievements for NBA 2K14 - 45G
1 achievement for Minecraft Xbox One Edition - 20G
1 achievement for Runbow - 10G
3 achievements for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 30G
2 achievements for Prey - 20G
2 achievements for Halo 4 - 10G (360)

Overall: 258 achievements - 6,490G
(September '16: 264 achievements - 7,010G)

I'm satisfied with my performance last month since I couldn't turn on my X1 for 16 days.

Summary for October:

31 achievements for Cities Skylines - 815G
27 achievements for Child of Light - 1000G
12 achievements for Zenith - 1000G
10 achievements for Gone Home - 1000G
24 achievements for NBA Live 10- 790G (360)
22 achievements for NHL 07 - 850G (360)
30 achievements for Monster Jam Crush It! - 1000G
37 achievements for NBA 2K8 - 735G (360)
37 achievements for NBA 2K9 - 725G (360)
11 achievements for NBA Live 06 - 960G (360)
14 achievements for The Park - 1000G
14 achievements for Doodle God - 700G
10 achievements for NBA Live 07 - 600G (360)
8 achievements for Uno - 450G
20 achievements for Yooka Laylee - 350G
10 achievements for NBA 2K7 - 200G (360)
7 achievements for Wells - 300G
3 achievements for Emily Wants To Play - 250G
2 achievements for Action Henk - 90G
3 achievements for Ginger - Beyond the Crystal - 200G
3 achievements for Goat Simulator - 45G
9 achievement for DmC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition - 100G
1 achievements for Watch Dogs 2 - 40G
2 achievements for Burnout Paradise - 30G (360)

Overall: 348 achievements - 13,230G
(October '16: 248 achievements - 9,360G)

Great month helped by tons of easy X1 indies and 360 sports games. I sure put a lot of hours into NBA games this month lol.
Only 2,759G left to reach 100,000G for the year and only 9,662G left to reach 400,000G in total.

As for the games:

Cities Skylines was a really fun distraction while it lasted. In the end though, progress was slow and not really challenging either. Aside from achievements, I saw no point into letting my city grow further as I've unlocked and built everything. For the same reasons I don't feel like creating another city.
However, you can micro manage a lot of stuff and it certainly has some unique aspects. On the other hands, there are elements that were clearly not thought through. Tourism is completely pointless for example. In a city with 100,000 dwellers I only got around 100 tourists...a month. Despite having the Statue of Liberty, Brandenburg Gate, a metro station and a beach resort.
Took me 20 hours to get nearly all of the achievements. Though the remaining 5 achievements need several more hours to unlock
8/10

Already played through Child of Light on 360. Lovely turn based RPG, even though I remembered the art style to be better. It's still pretty good looking but nowhere near Ori. 8 hours later, I got the full 1000G.
8.5/10

Zenith is a very sad game. Sad because with a bit more effort it could've been a pretty good game. Gameplay wise the game simply sucks. Difficulty is all over the place, fighting monsters is not fun, leveling up is poor, enemy AI will run straight at you every single time completely ignoring your AI team mate, the AI team mate is only able to deal damage in the single digits, while even the very first enemies have at least 100 health points. They are completely useless. On the other hand the game is really clever and funny. It deals with tons of game satirical elements for example. If it wasn't for the witty dialogue, I wouldn't have completed it. 10 hours later, I got the full 1000G.
6/10

Gone Home. No rating since I just followed a guide that got me 1000G within an hour. The only thing I can say is that is has some polish behind it.

Monster Jam Crush It! Another very easy 1000G. Bought it today, finished it today (in 2 hours). Poor on every level. At least it is somewhat entertaining and you don't fall asleep while playing it.
3/10

The Park is another game that I finished in an hour for 1000G. Again it has some polish, I'll give it that. It's not really scary though, so it fails on that level. You can't die or fail either. Sometimes running was not possible. Ending was pretty meh too.
4/10

Doodle God is a mobile puzzle game and it should've stayed on mobile devices. Pretty poor to control with a controller and the "game" is not that great or entertaining either. It's basically trial and error throughout the whole game, which is incredibly tedious. Thank god for walkthroughs, which are to be honest even more tedious. The reward is 1000G in 4 hours if you follow a guide.
3/10

NBA Live 06
is terrible. No one should ever play it again. Burn it with fire.
1/10

Every other NBA game I played this month was pretty good. I would even go so far to say that all of them are more fun than NBA 2K14 and 2K16. I couldn't even tell if I like the 2K series or the Live series more. They were pretty equal. (although the menus in Live are far better).
8/10

Last edited by Barozi - on 31 October 2017

Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:
I really dunno what kind of game to expect from Gobo or Electric Square as they have re-branded to, Is that 55 staff across all Gobo or just for the Brighton studio?

55 for Brighton.

Right so Hove is the one likely to be working on Ubisoft game so that means they got 55 working on some game for Xbox and upping it up to 100 by this time next year. My thoughts would be either that they have been working on something for Xbox since Disney Infinity stopped which was well over a year ago now and they could have a game ready for a 2018 release. or that they have just set a project going and are staffing up over the next 12 months as development starts and moves along and that would be a lot further away maybe 2019/2020.

Voted for COD in the poll. Ive been playing lots of BO3 to get ready for WW2.