By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I really hope pubg is on Xbox by nov 7th. Do ports always take this long?

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:

Cities Skylines was announced for X1 during Gamescom 2015. Release was almost 2 years later. Now that's unusually long.

derpysquirtle64 said:

Kaneman! said:
Why a kart game? I don't see the appeal of those.

Mario Kart is very popular. I think if MS does something like this it will have nice sales as well

Wrong market. Microsoft has an identity problem because they keep buying other people's ips and don't make games unique to their mission statement. This is why nintnedo can make so many spin offs and Sony can make so many soubasrd games without fear of most not turning profit. Their market is receptive to them. Microsoft operates like activision... where they merely capitalize on what is hot despite the fact that their first party might not up to par or have much to work with with those games. microsoft has only trained their market to be receptive to mainstream multiplayer games and not unique experiences. The pressure is on them to replicate that .

I hope all games going forward show the big difference between the X and pro like shadow of war does. I think if we see that with battlefront, rdr2, anthem, far cry, origins and so on it will be big. I think if we continuely see it sales will hold at a good level.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:

I don't think it should be long infact I would be surprised if we don't get in in the next 2-3 weeks as when I see a company say give a release window of Fall Autumn I see it as second half of September or October release as anything releasing November or December usualy gets stated as launching in the holiday period.

If it's not actually launching in the next 2-3 weeks I'd be almost certain they are having troubles with the port and will be rushing just to get it out this side of Christmas.

Around the Network

Man, I still haven't even played any games on my XB1 yet

Ryuu96 said:

It's no surprise that they are saving marketing campaigns near the holidays, they always go out more often in this time of year which explains why there are just a few ads playing about Xbox right now.

Proud to be a Californian.

Short impressions of games I've played for the past 2 days:

Yooka Laylee:
I'm having fun with it. It's not brilliant but entertaining enough. Biggest problem IMO is the camera. Very stiff, blocked by objects. Just like one of the old 3D platformers.....
Enemies are pretty barebones so far. Not really challenging.
The game is pretty open...probably too open. No idea where to find the boss of the first world. Might have to look it up.
Probably going to end up with a 7/10, maybe 8 if it gets a bit more challenging.

Cities Skylines:
Really good and very deep city building simulation. But not perfect by any means.
Already put 6 hours in it, but my city has only ~30,000 inhabitants. IMO there's a 0 missing, cause the city already looks huge and there are traffic jams everywhere.
While being good, it's also pretty predictable. You know exactly what you need to build next to increase population / your economy. If you keep following that, you'll never have any problems. Hell I've been in the red for only a few seconds within those 6 hours. Money is piling up. I've got over $2m and by the time I've spent them, I already earned $2.5m more. That never happend to me in Sim City. All in all it's still a very addictive game, but the fun factor isn't as high as in Sim City.
Still a solid 8/10.

Shut up and give me Gears 5 :P

*or a new IP

hudsoniscool said:

You almost certainly will be dissapointed. Nov 7th is 3 weeks from now. If PUBG was coming by this date I think MS would already have announced release date. To be honest I don't want to be pessimistic but I think MS will fail to deliver their promise about PUBG release this year. I think it will be delayed to spring 2018