By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's so weird to think Gran Turismo used to be my favorite racing franchise, and nowadays Polyphony takes 4 years to make a game with under 150 cars, and 19 locations, while Turn 10-on 2 year dev cycles-is on the third FM of this gen, and about to drop a game with 700 cars and 30 locations....that's not even getting into all the other things Forza objectively does better at this point.

Thank god Turn 10 are as good as they are, cus if I had to wait on PD to scratch my itch I'd be going mad.

Around the Network

I wish they never used Forza in the Horizon series. Completely understandable but still. Ppl aren't counting that as a separate 1st party title saying yearly Forza because they don't know what they're talking about or have not played both. Anyone who's played both know they're different.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Even more impressive when you consider than Turn 10 is Microsoft's smallest studio (Excluding Mojang)

I believe they have like 90ish full time members (They recently expanded though) The profit magin on Forza Motorsport is probably great once they get a single game on the gen.

I wonder what happened to the third Forza franchise, maybe canned.....or it's going to kick Horizon 4 back a year...would make sense as Playground are probably busy organizing their second studio right now.

Yeah, hopefully the new franchise is 2018, giving Playground an extra year on Horizon 4. Horizon 4 Japan Festival with 3 years of development #Believe

A extra year wouldn't hurt it i wouldn't think. Always a lot to do in their games plus there's online 

Xbox Kart

shikamaru317 said:

I agree, a MS kart game would be perfect for the cycle imo. I live for the day when I can drift around a track as Master Chief in a mini Warthog kart and as Arbiter in Ghost kart

MS has so many franchises that are just perfect for a Kart game imo. Halo like I mentioned above; Crackdown, with it's transforming agency vehicles; Banjo and Conker; Perfect Dark; Fable; etc. 

And Marcus Fenix on a Reaver!

We have FM for sim racing and FH for arcade racer. If the new franchise isn't a Kart racer than i can't imagine what it could be.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Xbox Kart

or Xbox Smash!

New franchise might be car combat a la Twisted Metal. That game was my childhood... That and Coolboarders, back when Sony was cool and not just very weird...

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, hopefully the new franchise is 2018, giving Playground an extra year on Horizon 4. Horizon 4 Japan Festival with 3 years of development #Believe

Three years should give us an awesome Horizon 4, then again I love Horizon and don't really like any other racers now so if it's not Horizon 4 next year I doubt I'll be interested Unless it's some Mario-Kart type game.

Why isn't Rare making smaller games alongside Sea of Thieves?! Lol.

I worry about Rare when SoT become successful more than whwn it fails! If the game become success, it will occupy a huge amount of resources to maintain,  update and generate new content. And that's provably going to take years, 4-5. Then it's time for the sequel!

That is the problem with MMO's in my opinion. The developer will be a slave for the franchise if they succeed.

TheSting said:

I wish they never used Forza in the Horizon series. Completely understandable but still. Ppl aren't counting that as a separate 1st party title saying yearly Forza because they don't know what they're talking about or have not played both. Anyone who's played both know they're different.

I think it is an easy, smart way to cut down the cost for each title. I think when they sign a licence for a Porche cars for examble, the contract will be some thing like this: " To use Porche cars on Forza games for 10 years". That goes for the music as well. 

Discontinuing the first horizon might contradict that, but it is the only old Forza they still sell, so I don't know.

AsGryffynn said:
New franchise might be car combat a la Twisted Metal. That game was my childhood... That and Coolboarders, back when Sony was cool and not just very weird...

They could still do that with established Microsoft characters. It is more of a unique idea than copying Mario Kart.

I still think the best tird Forza titel would be a story driven game similar to "Cars", Pixar movie, with Mrio Kart game play and vased on real animated super cars. Instead of rockets and bombs to rackle/slowdown the others, they should use the takedown system from burnout franchise and "freinds" helping you blocking the road like what we saw in NFS Hot Pursuit.