By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TheSting said:
All those games played I'll be able to play. The conference was really good to me. Very satisfied with what I saw. The price doesn't bother me at all.

Agreed. I'm disappointed with the lack of new ip though. The price was hinted at several times for the Scorpio and even leaked yet people refused to believe it. The disappointment people are feeling is their unreasonable hopes being crushed. 4k games for $399? Gamer entitled attitude shining through yet again.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
TheSting said:
All those games played I'll be able to play. The conference was really good to me. Very satisfied with what I saw. The price doesn't bother me at all.

Agreed. I'm disappointed with the lack of new ip though. The price was hinted at several times for the Scorpio and even leaked yet people refused to believe it. The disappointment people are feeling is their unreasonable hopes being crushed. 4k games for $399? Gamer entitled attitude shining through yet again.

Yea and it's hit this thread. 

SAD FACE 

No new IP but I'm just thinking that like Phil said. Only show games that are close to being released. These are hopefully all ready to go and out by next E3. That's 42+ games including what will be on stage 2mor. Then we'll get the next batch. No one wants games that are shown and then not ready to release for 2-5+ years away. I'm not a fan of that bullshit. Some are and I don't understand that. 

I've been waiting on Crackdown since it 1st showed SMH. 

I did like the conference. I was disappointed with the lack AAA exclusive reveals. Otherwise, I enjoyed it. Had a really nice pace. The price of Scorpio was exactly what I thought it would be. At the same time, I don't want them to hype up games that won't be ready for a game a year or more away. We've seen where that leads to.

TheSting said:
ironmanDX said:

Yea and it's hit this thread. 

SAD FACE 

No new IP but I'm just thinking that like Phil said. Only show games that are close to being released. These are hopefully all ready to go and out by next E3. That's 42+ games including what will be on stage 2mor. Then we'll get the next batch. No one wants games that are shown and then not ready to release for 2-5+ years away. I'm not a fan of that bullshit. Some are and I don't understand that. 

I've been waiting on Crackdown since it 1st showed SMH. 

Me too. I played the first crackdown and enjoyed it very much. This seems like a similar formula just expanded apon. The game has a certain.... Attitude as well that's appealing

I agree with you that revealing new ip to early can be bad. It let's a lot of air out of the hype balloon. There still wasn't even one though and I'm disappointed. Though I suppose sea of thieves does count as a new ip, it just isn't the first time we've seen it .

Despite that $499 price tag, which should have been expected, I'm now even more excited about Scor.. Xbox One X. The stuff they showed looked mostly gorgeous! Cheaper X1S model will now sell the most units, but for an active gamer it would make no fucking sense to buy it now instead of X and play with inferior graphics and performance. I you enjoy playing guitar why would you waste your time playing a cheap-ass Squier Strat if you can save up some money and play a Fender Strat?

They did show a good chunk of games too and yet people are just complaining. The whole show was about games games games.

Metro Exodus, Anthem, Assassin's Creed and Shadow of War all looked so good. I think both AC and SoW will be good games to bundle, they should help them push the XbonerX. I'm not that excited about Motorsport after playing the greatness of Horizon 3, but I'll buy it regardless just so see how good it looks and plays.

State of Decay and Crackdown looked good too. And Ori? Forget about it.

Sea of Thieves uh? Well.. it still didn't look like something I'd want to play. They gameplay was a bit boring to watch. I hope it does well and finds its audience.

I'd rate their presentation 7/10. It was good but honestly I was expecting at least one new AAA exclusive game. It would have made a world of difference. I'm sure they are cooking something for the future though.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
JLC215 said:
If watching via mixer on Xbox don't forget to link the account to get the free stuff - just using the app doesn't count

How? And what stuff?

What's in the MixPot?

I got Rare Replay, Halo Wars 2 DLC and The Final Station.
I heard others getting Hawken DLC and some even all of the above.

Barozi said:
KiigelHeart said:

How? And what stuff?

What's in the MixPot?

I got Rare Replay, Halo Wars 2 DLC and The Final Station.
I heard others getting Hawken DLC and some even all of the above.

Meh, I would have taken those 3 blitz packs but I already have Kinsano.

Its nice to soon have a box that plays OG xbox, Xbox360 and XB1 games but I have to admit the first party showing was a complete trainwreck, crackdown and sea of thieves looked terrible and state of decay isn't coming this year.

Anyway still excited to get the xbox and play some of the games I missed but I expected a bit more overall.

Ori 2 and Forza 7 with the third party showings looked really good and we did get a cuphead release date (thank cup!)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

How come everyone's saying Crackdown looked bad? To me it looked like a fun game to play with a badass attitude :) Looking forward to it, especially the multiplayer with all the destruction.

At this point I just hope that they didn't show any new games that they have in development because they realized that they couldn't save their 2017 lineup and are saving their 1st party blowout for 2018 with Halo 6 leading the way.