By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Expectations fans place on Halo is much higher than Gears, especially in terms of story.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Results

Now that Scorpio's specs have been revealed, are you:

More excited 34 52.31%

The same 12 18.46%

Less excited 4 6.15%

Indifferent/not excited 12 18.46%

Undecided/NA 3 4.62%

Total: 65

New Poll Soon.

You should have added 'concerned.'

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ya they still seam clueless as to why halo 5s singleplayer was lacking. And to say 'we liked Osiris' is total bullshit. There is literally nothing to like about them besides buck. As far as blue team goes they took a huge step back with John and the rest of them are as big duds thus far as Osiris. Give me a campaign with emotion like halo 4 and atriox as the baddy.

And ryu if 343 can't put together a quality 10 HR campaign in 3 years than a extra year will do nothing to help.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Halo was always a lot about the Chief in the past, that should be obvious for everyone who knows even slightly about the games. Even without showing him in the games and people only looking at his armour (or maybe because of that), he was still by far the most beloved character by many and most people would name him as the main (or only lol) Xbox mascot.

Not sure how it is possible not to realise that as someone working on the games.

And as long as they don't implement other characters which the gaming community starts to love as much as him, they should just stick to him for the main games. Maybe they will implement some characters which will get the same attention but they just can't force it. It will happen or it won't but as long as it won't, just give people the Chief^^

343i has to create a Halo spin off from a popular genre or will kill Halo with Chief with a superman complex.
I liked seeing more faces in Halo 5, I am the type of player that would like to see more of the Halo world with or without Chief.
I believe it kind hurts the world building by just having us seeing through a visor of a super soldier. We don't even know how civilians live 500 years from now in that universe.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Who to lead a game? getting Locke or any other characters referenced in the book is the same thing. They were never before presented to the gamers, just the readers before Halo 5.

Also, Bungie killed most of likeable characters from previous Halos, Johnson gone, the Keyes family gone.

Jul M'Dama was a goofball. 

And if Didact hadn't messed up Chief. Then we would've had a problem.

Ryuu96 said:
Goatseye said:

Who to lead a game? getting Locke or any other characters referenced in the book is the same thing. They were never before presented to the gamers, just the readers before Halo 5.

Also, Bungie killed most of likeable characters from previous Halos, Johnson gone, the Keyes family gone.

Jul M'Dama was a goofball. 

And if Didact hadn't messed up Chief. Then we would've had a problem.

Locke sucks though whereas there's plenty of great characters in Halo lore with much more personality and lore behind them to build of.

Grey Team would make most sense, they go on missions all across the galaxy for long periods of time so a game based around them could give us multiple planets to visit and Grey Team has recently been reintroduced in the most recent Halo book set 1 month before Halo 5 events (Also the Sharquoi are officially in the Halo universe now too which is pretty nice)

Yeah killing off Johnson is one of Bungie's biggest mistakes, I'm not much of a fan of Halo 3's story, it felt rushed, basic and the deaths felt like they were there just because they thought they had to kill somebody big, such an awful death.

Bring back Lord Hood too.

Jul Mdama was suppose to be a great fighter and his motivations were expanded on and made me like his character more, he has a mistrust of Humanity (Which ONI proves him right about time after time) He learns of ONI's plans to kill the Sanghelli (Post War) and soon after his wife was killed by one of Arbiter's ships but he blames humanity, then he created his Covenant Faction.

ONI are a scummy group that continues to backstab Arbiter too with sabotage.

He could have had a great confrontation with Arbiter and a Sanghelli sword fight. instead his entire build up gets ended mission 1 against some random Spartan.

The problem that I have with other characters is that they're just more of the same. Robots.

Locke was a freelancer and a hunter during his youth before he became a Spartan. ONI recruited him instead of enlisting in the UNSC, which he hates.

I'm always rather amazed at the positive light Halo fans view Johnson compared to some of the new characters 343 has introduced. Now don't get me wrong, I liked Johnson a lot as well, because he was a pretty fun character, and they gave him some very memorable moments throughout the trilogy....but lets not pretend like he was much more than a simple stereotype of a character. He could have been written by some 13 year old kid for all intents and purposes. He had neither depth, nor any kind of development throughout the games. He's just a badass, loudmouth, swearing black dude that drops a lot of one liners.

He added some levity and fun, yes, and certainly 343 is currently lacking some of that (though Buck does the same thing better, but he's only just gotten added back, and the impact is diluted with so many characters running around), but again....lets not pretend that 343 couldn't just whip up like 10 more Johnsons if they wanted to. You like him because his personality was so well defined (by virtue of being a stereotype), whereas the new characters are either professional to a fault (Palmer), or haven't really had their personalities defined strongly at all.

I'm all for better writing in Halo 6, doing a better job fleshing out characters, and really giving them some memorable moments that you can look back on and say ya that's what defines him/her....but for the love of god lets stop pretending that Halo is lacking great characters because Bungie decided to off some walking talking action cliche

I never understood the hate for Palmer. She's a professional military personnel and most people like that are not light hearted when it comes to line of duty.
Most of the Halo community doesn't understand that Halo 4/5 are post war settings. If we want better Chief stories, 343i has to make a world to interact with Chief and vice versa.
Team Osiris gets lots of undeserved hate.

Locke's specialty is what they sent him on that mission for. Tracking and acquiring high value targets for a secretive organization like ONI.