By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter X (Cross)

Skullwaker said:
This game looks way more engaging than past entries. I'll keep my eye on it.

Glad to see the 3DS still getting major support in Japan. (MH and Yokai should carry it this holiday, even without a mainline Pokemon).

you forgot DQ8

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

On one hand this game looks great and apparently has some decent homages to games in past, such as villages and of course previous monsters showing up.

On the other hand, given how the last 3 MH releases were all done with Nintendo handling the distribution, then we are not likely to see this game for a while if ever in NA. They already have a boat load on their plate as is with their own games, having to do another MH game in time for next when they potentially will also hopeffully be wrapping up Zelda Wii U, Fire Emblem if and Bravely Second makes me worry.

Edit: It also makes me cry as the 3DS remakes/ports of Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII are looking less and less likely to be brought over, due to Square Enix being dumb as heck when it comes to their own RPG properties.

Wow, it's looking better than 4 both visually and gameplay wise. Hope it comes to the west eventually...

But what's more insane is the chibi MH spin off made by From Software. =o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Interesting... never really got in the the Monster Hunter series so I'm not sure if this game is that much different

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

EricFabian said:
Skullwaker said:
This game looks way more engaging than past entries. I'll keep my eye on it.

Glad to see the 3DS still getting major support in Japan. (MH and Yokai should carry it this holiday, even without a mainline Pokemon).

you forgot DQ8

That's in August so not a holiday title, although it will sell very well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Wow, looks like the best MH yet!!

DerNebel said:
Mnementh said:
DerNebel said:

Interesting how the guy that says he'd wish the game would be on PS4, because it would look better, gets told to "go fuck himself", gets warned by a mod and generally gets called out by a bunch of people in the thread but the 2 people wishing for the game to be on Wii U don't get a reaction at all.

Nice double standards.

That's no double standard. If someone posts in a thread on Bloodborne he wishes that game would be better on X1 it would b a different statement as if he said he wishes it to be on Vita.

Again, that makes absolutely no sense.

1st: MH does not belong to Nintendo, heck it didn't even start on Nintendo.

2nd: The people arguing against it said that a) the game is handheld centric and b) that development on consoles would be too costly, both things that apply just as much to the Wii U.

I can't believe that people are actually trying to justify this, he didn't even say that it should be exclusive or something, just that it would look so much better on PS4.

But that's not the topic of this thread and I've explained it before, so lets end this here.

MH does belong to Nintendo. I thought this was obvious for years now, unless that made up Moneyhat 3 year contract from 2010 isnt over yet!!! XD

But all jokes aside, Every MH thread made is a port begging thread. Look at it on neogaf. Its crazzzzzzy

Azuren said:

Except no, because MH, MHG, MH2, MHF, MHF2, MHFU, and MHP3 were all on Sony consoles. This is a franchise with deep roots in another brand. 

Well sure, but I might be wrong, but the main series has been exclusively Nintendo for a while, right? It's expected this will continue. 

WhiteEaglePL said:
Edwardooo said:
Soooo, I'm not a fan at all of classics Monster Hunter because of the slow gameplay, but what I've seen on this trailer looks damn faster. Do you think it will remain globally the same gameplay as before or a more dynamic one ?

I feel each time is more dynamic. And look at what you can do with the gunner class now.

DerNebel said:
Mnementh said:
DerNebel said:

Interesting how the guy that says he'd wish the game would be on PS4, because it would look better, gets told to "go fuck himself", gets warned by a mod and generally gets called out by a bunch of people in the thread but the 2 people wishing for the game to be on Wii U don't get a reaction at all.

Nice double standards.

That's no double standard. If someone posts in a thread on Bloodborne he wishes that game would be better on X1 it would b a different statement as if he said he wishes it to be on Vita.

Again, that makes absolutely no sense.

1st: MH does not belong to Nintendo, heck it didn't even start on Nintendo.

2nd: The people arguing against it said that a) the game is handheld centric and b) that development on consoles would be too costly, both things that apply just as much to the Wii U.

I can't believe that people are actually trying to justify this, he didn't even say that it should be exclusive or something, just that it would look so much better on PS4.

But that's not the topic of this thread and I've explained it before, so lets end this here.

1. Then use FinalFantasy instead of Bloodborne as comparison. The argument works the same.

2. I agree. Still there is a difference. Console-wars and stuff. People do get upset about such statements, that's why they get moderated.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]