By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Silent Hills is now xbox one exclusive!?!?!??!??!???

They better hope to do more than one game for a purchase for a single IP at billions...

Around the Network

Good. Now they only need to buy the director, actor and producer so it won't be complete shite.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Faelco said:

Nobody expects Konami to do something worthy without them (one more horror game without interest).

Rare could easily make a superior version with Kinect. Everything is better with Kinect.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

If MS was buying Konami, I might believe that is worth billions but not just one game or a series. If MS manages to get Silent Hill as an exclusive, good for them and MS fans. Horror survival is one of my favorite genres though.

Doubtful but who knows. Konami probably want to get rid of IP that is very costly and can't be easily translated to mobile. Microsoft need exclusive IP because they are getting smoked by Sony and their first party titles have been slow to come out. Sony probably have some deal with Capcom in regards to Resident Evil 7 being a Sony/PC exclusive(just a guess,Capcom has been siding with Sony alot this generation) and MS need something to counter that. And this generation has all been about money-hatting. Could go either way.

Around the Network

Yes the amount might be ridiculous but that's not even what makes it least likely. The game barely existed. There's 0% chance of it being 80% done and 0% chance of getting released in early 2016. Therefore it's 100% bs.

If this game was back on, I don't think Norman Reedus would be tweeting links to this site just yesterday

http://unsilencedhills.weebly.com/

Unless of course they are going in a different direction from the initial reveal of P.T, in which case what else has been changed?

celador said:

If this game was back on, I don't think Norman Reedus would be tweeting links to this site just yesterday

http://unsilencedhills.weebly.com/

Unless of course they are going in a different direction from the initial reveal of P.T, in which case what else has been changed?

That's a bit overdramatic and ironic

"It's time to show Kojima, Del Toro, and Norman Reedus that we're serious when we say they don't need Konami to make this game"

But we do need someone to invest millions to get the game made. Not MS though, cause even though we want someone to invest millions we can't invest 300-400 bucks on a console to play it.

need to create a E3 rumours hashtag and tweet Phil and Yoshida with it lol

This sounds like one of those fanboy wet dreams that typically come out just before E3. That said...

This wouldn't be the first time Microsoft got a little too excited and blew loads of money on something that'd never make it back. Given the position Xbox On is in, they need it far more than Konami does, and it'd be a pretty big coup for them, since Silent Hills was looking to be a pretty successful game, given the popularity of P.T. This game garnered loads of interest from gamers and is the perfect game or franchise for a publisher to white knight. I mean, Nintendo DID do the same thing with Bayonetta 2. Had similar rumors (minus the ridiculous amount of money) come out regarding that, I KNOW no one would have believed it.

It wouldn't be crazy for MS to bring on Kojima as a contracted employee for a single project or franchise. It wouldn't be weird for someone like Reedus to not know such a deal would be in the works. Voice actors tend to be the last people to hear about business deals.

The game has been in development since late 2012, so 80% completion and a March 2016 release date isn't really out of the question, especially since game development progression isn't all that cut and dry. It's also not unheard of for a publisher to sit on a game after it's been completed in order to wait for better marketing conditions. If MS HAS picked it up, their first party holiday line-up is probably already pretty packed.

I think the only thing that's truly questionable about this (UNLESS something has been stated about the game's development progression near cancellation that I'm not aware of) is the simple fact that this sounds far too much like a fanboy wish-fulfillment fantasy. Such things can occur (again, see Bayonetta 2) but it's extremely rare.

All that being said, I do hope it's true. I don't intend to play it myself, but a game like this ought to live on. And with Kojima and his senior staff leaving Konami, it wouldn't be too crazy if they, Del Toro, and Norman Reedus could return to finish it.