By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has done what Wii never could - hit 50% marketshare!

Ninsect said:
darkenergy said:

I don't think you are understanding.

It isn't about hacking or who's online is more secure on Xbox or Playstation. I am talking about video games and what it offers.

Some of the games on PS4 are noticeably lower than Xbox One I never said it X1 has the highest rated games. One game(Bloodbourne) doesn't suddenly make other games low scores disappear.

My last statement is pure trolling? Could you say something else rather than using the word trolling, or give an explanation on why it's ridiculous or made up. You do realise that the PlayStation is known for their games that have graphics rather than gameplay , right? Games like the Order 1886 which has the visuals scored very low because how it lacks gameplay and focus on cutscenes. That game had so many that it's laughable and what the critics are pointing out, the Order 1886 just may well made the PlayStation more associated with cutscenes/movies more than ever so that I am not making up anything.

You do realize Ryse was a launch game on XB1, I hope. Let's just ignore that, though.

You do realize Knack scored lower than Ryse, right? But let's ignore that.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Well deserved. Best console with the best games. Now, back to Bloodborne.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ninsect said:
Nem said:
What did the Wii do to you? PS4 has 50%, thats pretty cool. The Wii jab was uncalled for though.

???

Wii is an object. I probably don't need to explain that objects don't think for themselves. What jab are you talking about? Wii never could hit 50% marketshare, that's the truth. Weekly threads were made when it increased its marketshare by 0.1% and predictions for when it would hit 50% but it never did. 

I just dont get what the Wii has to do with this. Feels like you are dragging around an old issue.

Blood_Tears said:
But but the holiday's....the 1st party games....globally in the US! 50+% market share is what happens when you're a global gaming brand and not just US & UK.

And yes it's all about PlayStation in the "rest of the world"...

in US Sony didn't drop the price unlike MS did several times in their own land and still lead and preassure them. I remember the "wait for Titanfall", wait for "2nd Tiers Countries" and "wait for China" ^^^^^

ikki5 said:
Low78wagon said:
ikki5 said:

But the 3DS is there... oh right... home console people ignore handhelds.

That would be like putting car sales with truck sales imo. Yeah they both do the same thing but have different uses and features.

yes and if you say marketshare in general and include just cars, i'd still call it a pseudo marketshare because it actually should include both. If you flatout say "Marketshare of cars" then trucks would be included. However somepeople will buy either a car, or a truck depending on if it gets the job done or not which would put them both in the same market.

If we included smart phones when discussing handhelds Nintendo would look like a tiny ant compared to Apple. It's obvious that you just want to spin everything in Nintendo's favor. The OP made it clear that they simply wanted to discuss the home consoles and not handhelds.

@OP

All you need to do to "win" the console race is apply basic common sense and wait for the competition to screw it up. That's why I find it amazing that a competent company doesn't enter and conquer the gaming market.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:
Ninsect said:

You do realize Ryse was a launch game on XB1, I hope. Let's just ignore that, though.

You do realize Knack scored lower than Ryse, right? But let's ignore that.

The reference to Ryse is a response to this:

"My last statement is pure trolling? Could you say something else rather than using the word trolling, or give an explanation on why it's ridiculous or made up. You do realise that the PlayStation is known for their games that have graphics rather than gameplay , right? Games like the Order 1886 which has the visuals scored very low because how it lacks gameplay and focus on cutscenes. That game had so many that it's laughable and what the critics are pointing out, the Order 1886 just may well made the PlayStation more associated with cutscenes/movies more than ever so that I am not making up anything."

It has nothing to do with which scored higher, but that you are giving Playstation crap for releasing too many games that are all about graphics and Xone released with one of those games front and center: a QTE fest with pretty graphics.

i wante see what will happen when ps4 prices is at $350.

Alot of angry people in this thread. Who are you to decide whether or not something deserves anything? Sony came out with a clear message of what they wanted the PS4 to be and priced it at what the market wanted. On top of that they have the most games on their platform and better looking. To think they don't "deserve" their success and they're only winning because of MS launch fuck ups is frankly fanboy nonsense.

Meanwhile so far in 2015 Sony has 3 first party games out with another one coming in August.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

crackred said:

hmm your right. wii u will be discontinued soon
so sony has to sell only the same amout ps4s like ms xb1s to maintain the lead

yeah it will hold forever.
sorry i was wrong :D

Donc act like you don't know that xbox one can't do the half of a PS4's week when it's come to sales. You act like the sale are the same. It's not and never will be.

- PS4 is too damn strong in Europe, One can't stand a chance despite dropping the price....

- Japan is an humiliation for Xbox.

- As for US, MS must do crazy deals to not be outshined in their own country.

So come back to Earth. "But MS focuses on holidays" Yeah just like 2014 and at the end the gap was getting bigger no matter what.

Torillian said:

The reference to Ryse is a response to this:

"My last statement is pure trolling? Could you say something else rather than using the word trolling, or give an explanation on why it's ridiculous or made up. You do realise that the PlayStation is known for their games that have graphics rather than gameplay , right? Games like the Order 1886 which has the visuals scored very low because how it lacks gameplay and focus on cutscenes. That game had so many that it's laughable and what the critics are pointing out, the Order 1886 just may well made the PlayStation more associated with cutscenes/movies more than ever so that I am not making up anything."

It has nothing to do with which scored higher, but that you are giving Playstation crap for releasing too many games that are all about graphics and Xone released with one of those games front and center: a QTE fest with pretty graphics.

Ryse isn't a bad game after you get to the second half. That's when they add enemy variety and the button mashing stops working, adding depth to the combat. If you look ad GOW and DMC, the enemy variety starts right in the begining so you can't just press square to win.

The Order lacked depth in the werewolf fights (the bosses were cool) and it just insisted on using normal enemies that wouldn't add depth. Look at Uncharted: different types of enemies appear early on.

Both games were also short. In both cases, it was a kix of not having enough time and not having experience with the genre they were trying to create a game. Both games could be much improved in a sequel since the engine is already there and they can focus on a longer game and in learning with other games in their respective genres.