By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has done what Wii never could - hit 50% marketshare!

super6646 said:
Neodegenerate said:

Microsoft's inability to penetrate a new market is actually 100% Microsoft's own fault.  They clearly approached it incorrectly.

Your telling me Microsoft could've penetrated Japan? How so? My ears are all open, tell me!

Wouldn't that be a job for some 7-digit salaried Microsoft executive to figure out, instead of looking for solutions on gaming forums.

Maybe they could have penetrated Japan the same way Sony penetrated the Albanian market: by making a console and games people of that country want.

Around the Network

There is way too much off topic discussion going on in this thread, from both sides of the aisle.

This is about the PS4 hitting 50% marketshare, and your thoughts on it. People are allowed to share their views on the subject, whether they're congratulating the system or putting forth reasons why we've gotten to this point. That's the point of discussion, to discuss things.

So the off topic posts need to stop, especially the "lol salty!!1!" posts. It's just console war terminology that at best adds nothing to the conversation, at worst trying to discredit a user and their opinions. That's not how we go about discussing things on this site.

So please be cognizant as you all continue to post. The PS4 has hit 50% marketshare. What do you think? How do you think we got here? Where will this lead?

But off topic red herrings and salty posts aren't part of that. So please cut it out.

ithis said:
Ninsect said:

Why? This year it's at like 60% marketshare.
Lifetime sales for WiiU won't be much higher than 15m. XB1 could do anything from 45m-75m imo so that means for PS4 to keep its marketshare it would only need to sell 60-90m...

Hmm... I guess the WiiU could become the parent's christmas choice again if they just release some Mario, and since PS4 sales will probably be fizically impeeded, we can assume that the PS4 will not at all win the holidays at 2:1. Those large holidays volumes will offset the overall yearly numbers against the PS4, so it will lose the 50% marketshare. 

If it will do it though I will be surprised.

PS4 marketshare for 2014: 55%...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

RCTjunkie said:
I would be more interested to see if it outsells the Wii when all is said and done.

It will, and we will discuss it when it happens. Until then we'll have to make do with milestones like this one ;)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

bananaking21 said:

fory77 said:

Considering what the competition offers, i guess so. But as a console i'd say it deserves it.

Agreed, the competition has less games, less diverse libraries, less features and less power. Totally undeserved by PS4.

Sorry, i meant "Considering what the competition offers, i guess i see where you're going, but no." I then said it deserves it as a console, but well, you said it, the PS4 doesn't deserve it's success at all.

Let's not argue when we have basically the same opinion, ok? <3

Around the Network
Hiku said:
I expected downplay. I got downplay.

It never fails. What's good news for some is horrible news to others.

Congrats, sony. The PS4 deserves it's success.

bananaking21 said:
fory77 said:

Considering what the competition offers, i guess so. But as a console i'd say it deserves it.

agreed, the compitition has less games, less diverse libraries, less features and less power. totally undeserved by PS4

Yeah Xbox One doesn't deserve anything even thought it offers better multiplayer, games with better score, or games that value gameplay than cutscenes/interactive movies, totally undeserved by Xbox One.

Proud to be a Californian.

FentonCrackshell said:
I'll never understand the "it deserves" or "it doesn't deserve" comments. Why would a game console or game deserve anything? Just a silly notion in my opinion.

What's the point you making here then?  Sales are reflected owing to many factors. If those factors were good enough to drive sales it deserves that. PS4 is no special stuff here.

BreedinBull said:
It will never cease to amaze me people come to a sales tracking site and then go off when people celebrate...sales.

Me neither :)