By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't larger devs give Wii U owners a chance through kickstarter or sites like it

Cloudman said:

Also, Fifa "Most of the third party" games also sell the strongest on Sony Consoles. I don't consider that a strong case for your argument.

Corrected.

Around the Network

Project Cars is a nice example of misused trust. No one would fund a game like Watch Dogs of a AAA publisher on kickstarter. They can keep hiding behind the difficult to port nonsense for all I care?

WolfpackN64 said:
Project Cars is a nice example of misused trust. No one would fund a game like Watch Dogs of a AAA publisher on kickstarter. They can keep hiding behind the difficult to port nonsense for all I care?

its not nonsense if its true. There is no point in lying to such a niche group knowing sales would be lowest on that console anyway.

oniyide said:
WolfpackN64 said:

its not nonsense if its true. There is no point in lying to such a niche group knowing sales would be lowest on that console anyway.

You have generations of people with PPC coding experience and tons of people who work with ARM. You see tons of older PC appearing on Android. Porting from CISC to RISC takes some time, but the guys at Frozenbyte managed to port Trine 2 in 2 days...

daredevil.shark said:
sethnintendo said:

Yea with all those old ports that were already on 360 and PS3.  EA really gave the Wii U a chance.

As many pointed out Wii U owners need to buy instead of complaining. Plus its business. Not charity. You need to create chance. Nintendo blew it.

You are contradicting yourself on this sentence, how can´t  you realize about that? 

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
oniyide said:
WolfpackN64 said:

You have generations of people with PPC coding experience and tons of people who work with ARM. You see tons of older PC appearing on Android. Porting from CISC to RISC takes some time, but the guys at Frozenbyte managed to port Trine 2 in 2 days...

are you really gonn compare a niche indie 2d game to a full retail racer with way more demanding physics?

The generation is getting close to the end, and Wii U failed to sell.

Nintendo hasn't really taken this generation seriously. It's like the Gamecube, no major games like Galaxy, Ocarina, or Donkey King Country. The writing is on the wall with Zelda too, it will be Zelda NX the next time it is shown.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

The generation is getting close to the end, and Wii U failed to sell.

Nintendo hasn't really taken this generation seriously. It's like the Gamecube, no major games like Galaxy, Ocarina, or Donkey King Country. The writing is on the wall with Zelda too, it will be Zelda NX the next time it is shown.

naw worse case it could be crossgen, they wont out right cancel the Wii U version people will freak

oniyide said:
WolfpackN64 said:
oniyide said:
WolfpackN64 said:

are you really gonn compare a niche indie 2d game to a full retail racer with way more demanding physics?

They ported Crysis 3 to the NVIDIA Shield...

daredevil.shark said:
Cloudman said:

When some of the 3rd party launch titles were ports of games that were already several months old, that doesn't sound like giving the Wii U a chance. It sounds like it got sloppy seconds. 3rd party tried to serve out sloppy products and got back the responses it deserved. 

As I have said earlier, "And for the record, mass effect 2 released in PS3 one year later (Xbox 360 and Windows version released before). Yet that "old" game sold 1.42 million copies."

If it was one developer (EA) then we could blame them. But almost all developers are saying this. Time to accept the truth.

Edit:

Fifa 13 (PS3) - 8.15m (25th September 2012)

Fifa 13 (Wii U) - 0.30m (18th November 2012)

Fifa 14 (PS3) - 6.78m (24th September 2013)

Fifa 14 (PS4) - 2.73m (15th November 2013)

You guys sound like a broken record. Saying same thing over and over again. Numbers dont lie. This is reality. And check release date.

The Fifa 13 comparison seems a little skewed, what was the attach rate, that would be a more fair comparison since the install bases at that time are so far apart. 80 million vs what 3 million