By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't larger devs give Wii U owners a chance through kickstarter or sites like it

Well, news on Project CARS for the Wii U are still shaky, so the same actions they're doing might happen to other crowdfunding projects.

Around the Network
Blob said:
Because it still wouldn't be worth it. Nintendo gamers who want third party will have a ps or Xbox for that by now.

Not me XD

Natsu said:
Blob said:
Because it still wouldn't be worth it. Nintendo gamers who want third party will have a ps or Xbox for that by now.

Not me XD

Haha well it's been ten years since nintendo received most major third party titles, so If you really wanted to play them you would have grabbed another console 

Blob said:

Ok... but we wouldn't have that PS4 or Xbox if we had the 3rd party so... it basically costs us more money resulting is less 3rd party games being bought by nintendo owners as we are not all guarenteed to buy a second console.

Its wiiu owners that would be giving the publishers/developers a chance, not the other way around.

The third party situation as it stands is in a.small part down to specification differences, bit primarily down to people thinking they can get away with shoddy ports and broken promises.

Around the Network
Blob said:
Natsu said:

Not me XD

Haha well it's been ten years since nintendo received most major third party titles, so If you really wanted to play them you would have grabbed another console 

I usually just get them on PC :P but at the release of the wii u it had a lot of third party titles when it first released though (like mass effect and CoD)

spurgeonryan said:

Project Cars for instance. If we want it bad enough we will pay for it!

What will it cost? Do an indiogogo and let the money add up, or do a kickstarter and give us a real test! The kickstarter indie games are proof we will pay for it. So if companies are worried about making a profit, why not make a profit from the start? Is it really that hard?

Could have solved a lot of third party problems over the years! Instead of letting things build up like they did with Project Cars and even Watch Dogs.

You talk about Project Cars, but it seems to me that game was financed by a crowdfunding campaign. It's not a solution apparently... 

Tachikoma said:

Its wiiu owners that would be giving the publishers/developers a chance, not the other way around.

The third party situation as it stands is in a.small part down to specification differences, bit primarily down to people thinking they can get away with shoddy ports and broken promises.

Agreed. Plus this gen western developers gave Wii U a lot of chance. Meanwhile Japanese support for Wii U pales in comparison.

I don't think they'd meet whatever quota they're aiming for through Kick Starter.

Funny thing is indies on Wii U typically do really well.