By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't larger devs give Wii U owners a chance through kickstarter or sites like it

Faelco said:
spurgeonryan said:

Project Cars for instance. If we want it bad enough we will pay for it!

What will it cost? Do an indiogogo and let the money add up, or do a kickstarter and give us a real test! The kickstarter indie games are proof we will pay for it. So if companies are worried about making a profit, why not make a profit from the start? Is it really that hard?

Could have solved a lot of third party problems over the years! Instead of letting things build up like they did with Project Cars and even Watch Dogs.

You talk about Project Cars, but it seems to me that game was financed by a crowdfunding campaign. It's not a solution apparently... 

Yes, but the crowdfunding campaign was held when only the PC version was announced. The console versions were announced after funding was raised.

On topic:
It's an interesting idea and would be a much better way to gauge interest in third party titles. It would allow Nintendo users to put their money where their mouth is, instead of endlessly signing pointless petitions. However, it's kind of shitty asking Nintendo users to fund the development of a Wii U port while not requiring PS4 and XBOne owners to do so. Also, imagine the level of complaining that would happen if the Wii U port is delayed or doesn't meet the expectations.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Wii U already got it's proper chance during launch. Nintendo wasted that opportunity. If Nintendo was pro active then Wii U might have performed better.

Yea with all those old ports that were already on 360 and PS3.  EA really gave the Wii U a chance.

sethnintendo said:
daredevil.shark said:

Wii U already got it's proper chance during launch. Nintendo wasted that opportunity. If Nintendo was pro active then Wii U might have performed better.

Yea with all those old ports that were already on 360 and PS3.  EA really gave the Wii U a chance.

As many pointed out Wii U owners need to buy instead of complaining. Plus its business. Not charity. You need to create chance. Nintendo blew it.

And for the record, mass effect 2 released in PS3 one year later (Xbox 360 and Windows version released before). Yet that "old" game sold 1.42 million copies.

ikki5 said:
Blob said:
Because it still wouldn't be worth it. Nintendo gamers who want third party will have a ps or Xbox for that by now.

Ok... but we wouldn't have that PS4 or Xbox if we had the 3rd party so... it basically costs us more money resulting is less 3rd party games being bought by nintendo owners as we are not all guarenteed to buy a second console.

its been like this for years...years. If some small minority is still holding on to hope after all that time, then that is on them. If one truly can only get one console(which i doubt), then you got to make sacrifices.

1. these ports cost way more than people think, manpower alone.
2. most of these people are just talk anyway, how much are really going to back there words up with sales? Not enough to justify IMHO

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

When some of the 3rd party launch titles were ports of games that were already several months old, that doesn't sound like giving the Wii U a chance. It sounds like it got sloppy seconds. 3rd party tried to serve out sloppy products and got back the responses it deserved. 

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
daredevil.shark said:

When some of the 3rd party launch titles were ports of games that were already several months old, that doesn't sound like giving the Wii U a chance. It sounds like it got sloppy seconds. 3rd party tried to serve out sloppy products and got back the responses it deserved. 

As I have said earlier, "And for the record, mass effect 2 released in PS3 one year later (Xbox 360 and Windows version released before). Yet that "old" game sold 1.42 million copies."

If it was one developer (EA) then we could blame them. But almost all developers are saying this. Time to accept the truth.

Edit:

Fifa 13 (PS3) - 8.15m (25th September 2012)

Fifa 13 (Wii U) - 0.30m (18th November 2012)

Fifa 14 (PS3) - 6.78m (24th September 2013)

Fifa 14 (PS4) - 2.73m (15th November 2013)

You guys sound like a broken record. Saying same thing over and over again. Numbers dont lie. This is reality. And check release date.

Nintendo Wii U doesn't have enough market share and most Nintendo Wii U owners only buy first party games.

daredevil.shark said:
Cloudman said:

As I have said earlier, "And for the record, mass effect 2 released in PS3 one year later (Xbox 360 and Windows version released before). Yet that "old" game sold 1.42 million copies."

If it was one developer (EA) then we could blame them. But almost all developers are saying this. Time to accept the truth.

Edit:

You guys sound like a broken record. Saying same thing over and over again. Numbers dont lie. This is reality. And check release date.

The only thing I accept is that 3rd parties continue to treat the wii u base like crap, and some of us aren't going to put up with it. With mass effect 2 released on ps3 at its time of release. A mil seems acceptable on a more established base. ME3 was released on a new console that likely has not played a ME game and it was released on the PS3 and 360 with the large bases. What were they expecting? This can be applied to other games, like AC3 and batman. Then it's shocking that those games sell poor? Yes, they sold poor, but the base is not responsible for all the blame. Take other moments like the rayman delay and 6 month Watch Dogs delay, and its not too surprising those versions did not sell so well.

Also, Fifa games also sell the strongest on Sony Consoles. I don't consider that a strong case for your argument.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
daredevil.shark said:

Edit:

The only thing I accept is that 3rd parties continue to treat the wii u base like crap, and some of us aren't going to put up with it. With mass effect 2 released on ps3 at its time of release. A mil seems acceptable on a more established base. ME3 was released on a new console that likely has not played a ME game and it was released on the PS3 and 360 with the large bases. What were they expecting? This can be applied to other games, like AC3 and batman. Then it's shocking that those games sell poor? Yes, they sold poor, but the base is not responsible for all the blame. Take other moments like the rayman delay and 6 month Watch Dogs delay, and its not too surprising those versions did not sell so well.

Also, Fifa games also sell the strongest on Sony Consoles. I don't consider that a strong case for your argument.

so in your opinion what 3rd party game WOULD have sold. Cause its not like the exclusives did good either.