By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people on this site think Splatoon is going to do so well?

Splatoon sales prediction

<500k 91 13.28%

500K-800k 123 17.96%

800k-1.2 million 131 19.12%

1.2million-1.6 million 100 14.60%

1.6million-2million 70 10.22%

2 million+ 170 24.82%

Total:685
midrange said:

@Miyamotoo

The reviews as I conceded were solid. But there is no denying the fact the the most recent well known and most talked about ip are either the ones that have very high scores (bloodborne, the last of us) or have an insane budget or marketing team (destiny, titanfall, evolve). So far, splatoon has neither.

How well this game sells upon launch does not really say much. As I recall, pikmin 3 also sold out its shipment early on, but later Iwata himself admitted that Nintendo was not pleased with the sales.

Besides, Xenoblade also had a  really good Japan launch, but the following weeks was selling less than 10k. I believe splatoon will sell 300k-400k first week, 600k-650k first month and 800k-900k lifetime. It will have a good launch (due to wii u owners not having anything for the first 9 months of this year besides mario party), but splatoon will not have good legs (again due to the notion that splatoon looks like an indie game, is marketed heavily towards kids, and has less content than most other games)

Woah woah woah. 300k-400k FW but *00k-900k lifetime? WIth splatoon in japan having full sell outs already? The game in japan alone is probably close to 160k-180k and thats actually sold out mostly.

Its a million seller at least, no doubt now :)

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:
Skullwaker said:

Hm, I wonder why that is?

Oh wait, they were extremely polished and enjoyable games. That's right.

I also doubt any of those games will ever reach the sale numbers that Ninty fans first said they would. Bayonetta should be enough prove of this.

Bayonetta is very specific genre of game and not most popular for Nintendo users, Splatoon is perfect game for Nintendo users and it much wider audence and it have very strong marketing.

Japan is already proving this, Bayonetta is sold around 60k first week in Japan (im not 100% sure), and Splatoon will sell around 150k.

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
it wont move alot of HW but it will sell ok among the current users

Its actually selling HW, in japan it seems to be a system seller

well then im expecting close to double the HW sales becasue that would be a system seller IMHO and sustained sales for at least 3 weeks

Huge marketing, if it doesnt reach 1M, it would be a huge loss of money

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

because they hope it will.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

Its not hope, its when and it just started :)

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Its actually selling HW, in japan it seems to be a system seller

well then im expecting close to double the HW sales becasue that would be a system seller IMHO and sustained sales for at least 3 weeks

It might triple in japan, well week over week

tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:

honestly dude, dont get your hopes up. 

bananaking21 said:
tbone51 said:

honestly, dont be pessimistic!!!

Selling 140k minimum fw already putting predictions to shame. w101 level of sales??? C'monnnnnn :)

tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:

honestly, dont be pessimistic!!!

Selling 140k minimum fw already putting predictions to shame. w101 level of sales??? C'monnnnnn :)

its doing good so far in just one region, i dont see it doing well in the USA or at all in EU.