By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fifa going for gender equality. Fifa 16 gets female national teams. Youtube commenters behave like idiots.

RolStoppable said:
This reminds me, I should make a prediction league for the upcoming Women's World Cup. Should be interesting, because for a lot of people it would be pure guesswork.

Can we get a brief summary of the video? Some quotes would be nice too.

I predict Norway is gonna be in the top three.

Around the Network

Interesting, hope to see new gameplay elements!

Darwinianevolution said:

On the one hand, this was long overdue. On the other hand, this is just a reskin, it really doesn't add anything new gameplay related. It feels like a publicity stunt, but we'll see.

Also...

DerNebel said:

Now the only question is if the game will have the teams that make it possible for me to create the only womens football match I've ever seen (I was in the stadium even): USA vs N.Korea :D

That was a real thing? Need more info, please! XD

Not really much of a story, women's world cup 2011 was held in germany, a buddy of mine entered a contest for tickets to the USA vs. N.Korea match and won, he thought they'd give him 2 tickets but I think he won like 5, so we took a couple buddies and went to see the game. Wasn't particularly interesting, the US won 3-1 I think. Was kinda funny to see the N.Korean fan block unanimously leave once it became clear that their team would lose.

RolStoppable said:
This reminds me, I should make a prediction league for the upcoming Women's World Cup. Should be interesting, because for a lot of people it would be pure guesswork.

Based on somewhat limited knowledge (I really only follow the US) the expectations are as follows

1. Germany
2. Sweden
3. United States
4. Brasil
5. Japan
6. Canada
7. France
8. Netherlands
9. England
10. Norway

It's going to be a bore because the stats just are there. I hate playing FIFA with slow players.

Around the Network

Appealing to the masses of American female gamers and football followers, nice move. Well done.

Hmm, pie.

Idiots. Could've sold it as a separate game.

It's a first step. Maybe in FIFA 17 there will also be women clubs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I can't believe I'm saying this but: "Good job EA."

Teeqoz said:
RolStoppable said:

I predict Norway is gonna be in the top three.

Yeah, they've been performing well for a decade or so, which is more than we can see about their male counterpart!

Is it 2002 already? Even UEFA Dream Soccer had this on the Dreamcast. Still good to see it happening though. It is long overdue as its such a small thing to change.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.