By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I was wrong about 8th gen.

I think 8th Gen graphics are:

Mind-blowing! 24 5.70%

clearly better than 7th gen. 151 35.87%

not a big jump, the systems need more power. 165 39.19%

diminishing returns. 54 12.83%

making me miss 8-bit! 26 6.18%

Total:420

Driveclub in the rain is mind blowing. Most of the rest is clearly a step up, but lacking that excitement a bit I got from the huge crowds in Dead rising, the whole island to explore in TDU, and the seamless multiplayer in burnout paradise.

Around the Network

It's definitely a clear step up. Everything looks crystal clear. First time I noticed the big gap is by first playing Call Of Duty: Blurry Ghosts on the PS3 and then playing Call Of Duty: Nice Looking Ghosts on the PS4.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I totally agree with you, Advance Warfare's campaign looked fantastic.

Infamous was just mind blowing. Destroys anything on PS3/360.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I liked this 8th gen quite a bit, but my first game was Ryse - still I would say the best looking realistic game out then.

Then I played AC4 and Shadow of Mordor. I found myself just marveling at thing. Watching the big dog things tear up Orc from a distance while I sat on a tower in Shadow. It was stunning.

Then how the water beads on the ship and other pieces of wood in AC4. It's really well done.

Then I went back to my beloved Skyrim for a while - and oh wow. It really hit me, how much better 8th gen looks. I knew we would be able to get closer and have objects increase in detail - like as you get close to a wall you see more detail, the cracks, the wood grain, even the stitching on clothing. I also missed the colour pallet and it was tough to go back to 7th gen (plus I like the other features - instant switching, snap, etc.)

Many games gave us great clouds and sky, good far away object in 7th gen. Now in 8th gen, we are getting better close up details and I find it really grows on you.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Not a big jump.

Around the Network
celador said:
inFamous Second Son was a real eye-opener in how much better these consoles are. Incredible how good an open-world game looked so early in the gen.

Small city with no day cycles.

Graphics are good enough for me.  I'm not gonna expect companies to provide mind blowing graphics that is gonna put them out of business.

smallest jump in console history

I've had an Xbone for a while now, and while it's a leap it's a pretty small one from last gen.

I like 8th gen... since I have Nintendo consoles, it was a pretty big jump for them for Wii to Wii U as well as DS to 3DS

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]