By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Vs. Third-Party Developers & Entitlement

Captain_Yuri said:
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ehh? I am pretty sure the reason why the ps4/x1 versions even sold the numbers they did was due to the fact that they had all the dlc's and even exclusive dlcs. The wiiU versions were missing dlcs on a bunch of games

you would be wrong

Then what's the reason? Better graphics/fps + all the dlc would be what I would think is the reason

People have more than 1 console and buy the better version. Nintendo fans preffer exclusives, etc... because all your points are negated by games on PS3 that suffered the same problems but sold good.

How do you justify CoD on Wii selling so much less than other platforms if not by prejudice of the fanbase against 3rd parties, dev or things like that? Best CoD on Wii sold 2.4M (almost like PSP version, that is certainly a lot more gimped) and on WiiU it sold between 250-300k against their counterparts best sold on X360 14.5M and PS4 6.5M how much was it lacking to sell 1/7 and 1/20 of the other platform?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ehh? I am pretty sure the reason why the ps4/x1 versions even sold the numbers they did was due to the fact that they had all the dlc's and even exclusive dlcs. The wiiU versions were missing dlcs on a bunch of games

you would be wrong

Then what's the reason? Better graphics/fps + all the dlc would be what I would think is the reason

People have more than 1 console and buy the better version. Nintendo fans preffer exclusives, etc... because all your points are negated by games on PS3 that suffered the same problems but sold good.

so we can conclude that ps3 users weren't bothered by the crappy suport from 3rd party

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
DonFerrari said:

so we can conclude that ps3 users weren't bother by the crappy suport from 3rd party

They bought the game they wanted to play, complained about problems but didn't made the dev lose money... although I haven't support much os 3rd parties myself.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

How do you justify CoD on Wii selling so much less than other platforms if not by prejudice of the fanbase against 3rd parties, dev or things like that? Best CoD on Wii sold 2.4M (almost like PSP version, that is certainly a lot more gimped) and on WiiU it sold between 250-300k against their counterparts best sold on X360 14.5M and PS4 6.5M how much was it lacking to sell 1/7 and 1/20 of the other platform?

Thats the thing though, the wiiU had the worst versions in one way or another. Whether it be by performance issues or missing DLC, for majority of the third party games, it was the worst version

And cod on the wii was the worst version... So it makes sense as to why it sold the least

There is no denying that Nintendo fan's buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo exclusives but I highly doubt that the third party's gimped versions weren't the causes for the bad sales as well...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Thats the thing though, the wiiU had the worst versions in one way or another. Whether it be by performance issues or missing DLC, for majority of the third party games, it was the worst version

And cod on the wii was the worst version... So it makes sense as to why it sold the least

There is no denying that Nintendo fan's buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo exclusives but I highly doubt that the third party's gimped versions weren't the causes for the bad sales as well...

PS versions were a lot worst than Xbox on begin of last gen... Bayoneta was basically unplayable on launch.. they still sold on par... not 1/20 on basically the same game but worst graphic, that we are supposed to believe it doesn't matter.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

PS versions were a lot worst than Xbox on begin of last gen... Bayoneta was basically unplayable on launch.. they still sold on par... not 1/20 on basically the same game but worst graphic, that we are supposed to believe it doesn't matter.

Hmm, that is true... Maybe 160rmf is right, Sony fans do/can settle for less

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm not talking about Nintendo getting back "hardcore" gamers that are on Playstation/Xbox, more like I think they should find a way to attract kids/families again, the type of people who don't care or know that a game is 1st, 2nd or 3rd party. Offer up a bunch of new, exciting ip that can appeal to many different demographics. Nintendo has seen a lot of success with games that appeal to a more casual audience, Super Mario, Tetris, Mario Kart, Pokemon Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Brain Age, Wii Sports, Wii Fit. Is it a coincidence that every Nintendo game to sell over 10 million is a casual friendly title? I think not.

true but they havent stopped making those games and it really has done jack all for the sales of the console and IMHO thats not an audience one should be putting there all into as we learned with WIi they are fickle

That's the thing tho, the casual adience isn't simply content with sequels, they want new experiences and Nintendo stopped providing that in the last few years of the previous generation and has barely provided that during this generation. People don't want to spend $300 on a console for Wii Fit 3 or Wii Sports Remastered.

When was the last time they made a casual focused new ip with a strong advertising push? Tomodachi Life is really the only big one they have done this generation and it's on track to sell over 5 million. Splatoon has potential and it's seems like it might end up doing well but it's probably a case of too little, too late. If games like Splatoon & Mario Maker were launch titles with a strong advertising campaign, a more mass market launch price and a solid first year release schedule of traditional Nintendo franchises and new ip than we could very well be looking at a different picture when it comes to Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Captain_Yuri said:

Stop trying to split the blame. Only Nintendo is bad. If you try to blame anyone else even remotely then you must be blind. Now go buy Mass Effect 3 with no idea what happens in the first two games.

In all seriousness though, I think Curl summed up my thoughts best. I'm not a charity, if you want me to purchase your product, make sure it's appealing to me. I'm not going to throw $60 at a company for a poorly optimized or supported game I'm not interested in solely in the hopes that the developer will someday maybe make a game I do want. It is sad that a lot of good games sold poorly despite a solid effort being put into them...but for a huge chunk of these games, the Wii U was clearly an afterthought. It's a really bad situation...for sure, but to blame one side and not the other makes absolutely zero sense...which really why the majority of the responses in this thread baffle me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

160rmf said:
oniyide said:

We got a winner, this pretty much. 

So why you still arguing?

im not. least not with you

DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

you would be wrong

to be fair, COD on Wii..sucked at least compared to the other versions, sure you can get away with that initially but eventually people will wise up and start to play the versions their friends are playing and the one that doesnt suck. I got nothing for PSP that was a different game. I think eventually people equated COD on Wii  with gimp, not that that was on 3rd parties only so much you can do with that tech.