By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Vs. Third-Party Developers & Entitlement

Captain_Yuri said:
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well with wiiU's shit installbase, bad press, negativity and etc... Yes and games like Tekken and etc didn't even sell that much on other platforms... Sold like 300k on the 360 according to vgc with a higher installbase. And the other games were missing stuff like dlc

PS4 on release had smaller installed base... TLOU was owned by a lot of people and yet it sold very good... several games have exclusive DLC on PS4 or X1 and that did almost no effect on the SW sales...

Ehh? I am pretty sure the reason why the ps4/x1 versions even sold the numbers they did was due to the fact that they had all the dlc's and even exclusive dlcs. The wiiU versions were missing dlcs on a bunch of games

but those versions, were way late which was your original reason for them doing bad on Wii U in the first place now you are saying they are missing DLC which is why they failed? which one is it, casue in most cases only one of these are true and in just about all cases those are the same issues that late ports on other systems face and they still sold well. sounds like youre moving the goaloost a bit.  Hell some of the games i listed got the DLC and TTT2 got exclusive Ninty dlc

Around the Network

I'm a gamer, not a charity service. 

If developers want my money, they have to earn it.

When third parties make a good quality product on Wii U, I buy it, as I did with Need for Speed Most Wanted, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, etc.

If they offer me a shoddy product, I won't buy it. Simple as that.

maybe because people prefer buy exclusives on nintendo hw? Maybe they prefer buying some multi plat games on platforms that receive a real better support?

We reap what we sow

The DLC argument never made sense to me because the DLC gets released weeks sometimes months after the game is initially released. Which is where a good chunk of the sales come from anyway. The WIi U versions of these games bomb in launch weeks versus the ohter ones not. Unless people are precogs i cant see how that would affect anyone's buying decision

160rmf said:

maybe because people prefer buy exclusives on nintendo hw? Maybe they prefer buying some multi plat games on platforms that receive a real better support?

We got a winner, this pretty much. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well with wiiU's shit installbase, bad press, negativity and etc... Yes and games like Tekken and etc didn't even sell that much on other platforms... Sold like 300k on the 360 according to vgc with a higher installbase. And the other games were missing stuff like dlc

at one time PS4 and xone had even lower install base and games like AC4 and COD ghosts had no problem selling millions i dont even think those two combined went gold on Wii U together.  So even then install base is still not an excuse, it has to be another factor.  People keep using DLC as an excuse it isnt, its a worse excuse than install and late ports. Sony CODs stlll get COD later still doesnt stop it from selling good. Hell Tomb Raider underworld never got DLC for PS3 at all and it still sold better than the 360 version, DLC means little. None of those games i mentioned missed DLC anyway. I think you meant Arkham ORIGINS, that DLC sucked anyway. I could be wrong about NFS but even then the Vita got no DLC and it did way better.

Well, all these are factors that add up... Its not just one or two things that doesn't result into sales, its many things..

And dlc is important cause because majority of the third party games weren't getting dlc... I mean, that is pretty bad. Sure, on the ps3 u had some games that had dlc later or no dlc but majority of the games were getting dlc where as on the wiiU... Most third party games were not getting dlc and then u add all the negative things that third party said about the wiiU and etc, it all adds up. And I think that situtions like Tomb Raider underworld are the exception than the norm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ehh? I am pretty sure the reason why the ps4/x1 versions even sold the numbers they did was due to the fact that they had all the dlc's and even exclusive dlcs. The wiiU versions were missing dlcs on a bunch of games

you would be wrong

Then what's the reason? Better graphics/fps + all the dlc would be what I would think is the reason

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

oniyide said:
160rmf said:

We got a winner, this pretty much. 

So why you still arguing?

We reap what we sow

It's quite simple, if you want my money you have to earn it by throwing out a product that works and is supported, if you half ass it and don't bother supporting it then I don't see why I should support a half arsed attempt at craftmanship.

Butthat'snoneofmybusiness.jpg.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

160rmf said:

A lot of people can't accept this simple concept.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."