By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts - week ending 23rd May 2015

Smart move from Sony on the W3 bundles. MS opened that door with Destiny and that same technique is used against them to kick them in the balls when they pay for the marketing.

Around the Network

Someone finally decided to bundle Bloodborne!!!

Also great opening for the Witcher

Sh1nn said:

63 per cent of physical copies were sold on PlayStation 4, 32 per cent on Xbox One and five per cent on PC. Of course, the lion's share of PC sales will be digital.

EDIT :

W3 PC sales are pretty low, 5% of retail sales and 27K on steam 

Seriously? I mean the UK never seemed to be a UK centric market but that's still really low for a franchise that started on PC.

Sh1nn said:

63 per cent of physical copies were sold on PlayStation 4, 32 per cent on Xbox One and five per cent on PC. Of course, the lion's share of PC sales will be digital.

EDIT :

W3 PC sales are pretty low, 5% of retail sales and 27K on steam 

I'm pretty sure plenty went to GOG directly to buy the game, bypassing Steam, especially since there was a preorder price slash connected to that version

That PS4/XBO split on The Witcher 3 is insane considering Microsoft's marketing deal. It's even crazier when you remember the last game wasn't even on Playstation.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Incredible share on PS4 for The Witcher 3. WRPG fanbase clearly on Playstation, in addition to the obvious JRPG advantage.

The same can't be said for farming simulators though, which seems to be more popular with the Xbox crowd. 2nd on the all formats chart seems incredible to me, though I don't know how previous games have charted.

If the % holds true for the rest of the world it means that the ps4 version sold over 1 million copies the first week with 1.5 million pre-orders confirmed

Moyu said:
Congrats to CDPR!!!

Expect to see TW3 higher than Splatoon next week :)

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. But I don't expect Splatoon to crack the top 10. I think if it hits the top 5 it'll be a huge achievement for the game.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. But I don't expect Splatoon to crack the top 10. I think if it hits the top 5 it'll be a huge achievement for the game.

I wouldn't be too sure.  They're pushing it hard with the advertising here.  I've seen a lot of adverts for it on channels like E4 and ITV2 recently.

Then again, the killer for it will be WiiU's instalbase.  But I'd still expect a decent week 1 turnout.

Ka-pi96 said:
Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

I wouldn't be too sure.  They're pushing it hard with the advertising here.  I've seen a lot of adverts for it on channels like E4 and ITV2 recently.

Then again, the killer for it will be WiiU's instalbase.  But I'd still expect a decent week 1 turnout.

Yeah, I was in a GAME store the other day and they had a lot Splatoon advertising there as well. Nintendo really are going all out for it so it getting at least top 10 is pretty much guaranteed.

Wow, it's not being pushed at all in my local stores. Grainger Games have 1 case on the Wii U rack (which itself has about 10 games on) saying "Pre Order Now!" and GAME has 1 line for Wii U software now much like it does Vita. There is 4x the shelf space for Amiibos as there is Wii U software...

Will be nice to see new Nintendo IP charting high, but I'm just not feeling it at all for Splatoon. Will definitely be interesting to see.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.