By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are You Pro Or Anti-Abortion?

ReimTime said:
Anti abortion. If you don't want a kid there are plenty of methods of contraception. Sometimes they fail, yes, but at least give the thing a chance at life. You fucked up, not your future kid; so don't take his future life away. I wouldn't throw half of myself away, ever. I wouldn't throw family away, ever. I think it's morally wrong.
There is a much better method: contraception.
It looks like this: those who can afford birth control/abortions have fewer births, while the poor drug-riddled folks just keep pumping them out. Give everyone free and reliable contraception, and solve like 8,000 problems at once.

UNLESS: it's a rape. If it's a rape baby, abort that fetus and kick the living shit out of it what a sack of shit. But if my mom heard that she would say: "But that baby didn't have anything to do with the rape, and it is innocent."
See, that is the struggle I would have. Although that fetus is genetically half rapist, it was innocent of the crime, and has real association to the rapist other than genes. So I can see the argument of the pro-lifers there, but I still disagree, unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

Wait.. are you joking? Am I being majorlly trolled? 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Mainly, anti-abortion. I'm not against abortion because I'm religious or anything. I just believe that killing innocent defenseless children for the sake of convenience is wrong. 

We don't put the majority of murderers/rapists to death but killing unborn babies is fine because it's the mother's body and it's inconvient to her. Sure.....

Unprotected sex between a fertile male and female = babies. Pregnancy is not a condition/illness that should be treated like a flu. If you don't want children or to have a child at that time, use birth control, get your tube tied or don't have sex. 

I believe it's okay to abort a child only when it seriously endangers the woman's life and if the preganancy is the result of rape. A woman's convenience is not greater than a child's life and the father's opinion on this.

If people were more responsible about sex and had some foresight, there would no need for general abortions. 

Because that's how it always works.

Do you take the "Shit happens, deal with it" approach everywhere you go?

How is it that the person would have more regret or harder time giving for adoption than killing the baby? Does that even makes sense in people mind?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ArchangelMadzz said:
ReimTime said:
Anti abortion. If you don't want a kid there are plenty of methods of contraception. Sometimes they fail, yes, but at least give the thing a chance at life. You fucked up, not your future kid; so don't take his future life away. I wouldn't throw half of myself away, ever. I wouldn't throw family away, ever. I think it's morally wrong.
There is a much better method: contraception.
It looks like this: those who can afford birth control/abortions have fewer births, while the poor drug-riddled folks just keep pumping them out. Give everyone free and reliable contraception, and solve like 8,000 problems at once.

UNLESS: it's a rape. If it's a rape baby, abort that fetus and kick the living shit out of it what a sack of shit. But if my mom heard that she would say: "But that baby didn't have anything to do with the rape, and it is innocent."
See, that is the struggle I would have. Although that fetus is genetically half rapist, it was innocent of the crime, and has real association to the rapist other than genes. So I can see the argument of the pro-lifers there, but I still disagree, unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

Wait.. are you joking? Am I being majorlly trolled? 

Yea I'm joking. But ther rest of my post is serious sorry I'm kinda distracted right now

#1 Amb-ass-ador

the-pi-guy said:
the_dengle said:

So what you're saying is that clinics & doctors should not be allowed to perform abortions -- that would be illegal -- but that women should not be punished for accidental miscarriages?

I'm not really sure why you are confused here.

I am not confused. I wanted him to commit to that statement so that I could confront him with the problem it creates.

Around the Network

While I am morally pro-life, I believe that legislation banning abortion will only be harmful. I think what we need are stronger pre-abortion education programs and more help given afterwards. This means that I don't think that abortion should be a decision made on a whim over a weekend or a decision made so easily (meaning that I think there should be stronger post-abortion counciling increasing with the number of abortions a person has had, including involving their parents if necessary and if they are not of adult age).

I don't claim to have all of the necessary information to make these decisions, but I don't think the current approach is always the best approach.

the-pi-guy said:
the_dengle said:

Then you have created a system wherein a woman is prohibited from seeking a safe termination for a pregnancy in its early stages, but will not be punished for falling down and "accidentally" losing the baby.

If a woman really doesn't want that baby, she's not going to have it. Making abortions illegal or prohibitively expensive or difficult will only encourage desperate women to seek... alternative solutions.

It's the same with anything.   Drugs, alcohol.  Does that mean that we should legalize it? Maybe, maybe not.  

Yes. Safer for all. I don't understand putting heroin addicts in prison and turning them into hard criminals when they leave instead of just giving them help because addiction fucking sucks and no one chooses addiction?

the_dengle said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well... yeah. I did say I was anti-abortion.

Then you have created a system wherein a woman is prohibited from seeking a safe termination for a pregnancy in its early stages, but will not be punished for falling down and "accidentally" losing the baby.

If a woman really doesn't want that baby, she's not going to have it. Making abortions illegal or prohibitively expensive or difficult will only encourage desperate women to seek... alternative solutions.

You are completely correct, before woman had access to abortions they used back alley doctors, coat hangers and extreme methods to not be pregnant and many died because of this. I'm anti-abortion in my views but I'm pro-choice for everyone else's right to choose. However I only have a opionion and would leave all the choice up to my Fiance'. However if you are close you already know what decision they would make in that situation. So we would have the kid.

I wonder if people cry after they masterbate? you've essentially killed millions of would be zygotes, which is not much different than a woman who recieves the abortion.  This is actually a real question, because I can't understand people obsession with telling woman what they can and cannot do. However I grew up with all woman and my sisters friends and watch their struggles first hand. So I empathise with woman.

Gourmet said:
I would never advise one to get an abortion. But there are so many abortists, feminists and whatever in our society, and they're all functioning citizens. It's just not viable to get them arrested for it, so I think an alternative solution is best. Like being forced to pay twice as much social insurance, for the entire life of the couple. Because abortion is not only morally wrong, it's bad for the economy.

Is it?

My mom is a gynecologist in a third world country. And she tells me of some cases where dirt poor women with no husbands having 5 and more kids. They basicly live in the streets, not working, no tie to work anyways, putting the kids out of school to beg for money, women prostituing themselfs on the street and giving birth with all kinds of deseas and unknown fathers.

She even told me a story recently of a women with a heart condition and already 3 kids who refused an aboetion and died, they warned her, she refused and ended up leaving her 4 kids to her mother.

Now lets put the religious aspect into this. women that dont tend to work and depent on the husband who tend to be uneducated and unable to support their huge families. By their religion they must have more kids.

These people are a burden to society and if there is a chance to avoid this, it should be taken.

Just for information. In my country, women with a dangr on their life by having a baby, or the baby is in danger and wont survive, if the woman was warned and advice to abort the kid and she refuses, the hospital has a right to denie her service. This came into being by the high mortlity rate of these people whos family members keep suing the doctors when they just dont listen to the doctors.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

In a direct message to the OP.

It'd be very rare to find someone who is PRO abortion. People don't rally up in groups saying "ABORTION ROCKS" no. No one wants to have an abortion no one aspires to have an abortion they're awful painful experiences (I've seen people go through it) and it's one of the most traumatizing days in any woman's life.

No one is pro abortion, that's why it's called pro-choice, that someone should be able to choose. I'm sure everyone here could agree it would be a wonderful world if abortion wasn't needed AT ALL.