By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are You Pro Or Anti-Abortion?

Completely agaisnt, think it's a kind of murder and that people should take responsibility towards their action (but understand cases like rape and risk to one or both life)...

However I also accept that it's a choice of the parents, and that quite possibly the ones to take this decision would be bad parents, so I endorse the "freedom" to decide on the murder. But by both parents not just the mother, due to a "it's part of the women body" philosophy... so if both want it ok (follow procedures, try to talk them out of it, etc), if only the man want them the man have 0 responsibility of raising or funding the kid, if only the woman want that is the hard part it should be taken to court do decide the motive and try a bargain.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
EricFabian said:

Is not child's fault tho. 

It's also not the fetus' fault that sometimes it's an ectopic pregnancy.

I know, but what this have to do with rape?

Click HERE and be happy 

Skullwaker said:

I'm definitely pro-choice. I'm really not in the position to tell a woman what she can't do with her body.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I wouldn't want my girl to get a abortion but than again, it is not my body or choice. People who think it is their choose, usually use god to justify why they think they are better than woman and want to control them and there bodies. usually the same people that don't teach sex ed or protection, etc...

Here's the deal, if someone doesn't want to extend their family tree, it is not your choice or position to say other wise, Just because it hurts your feelings has nothing to do with it. It's her choice to not extend the DNA etc.. However if you want to go out and save everysinlge baby, then open up a house in which you can take care of all of them. Other wise shut up, keep your hands and religious ideas to  yourself respectfully. A  Zygote is not a baby, it's a Zygote. Maybe we should also stop serial Masturbaters because sperm is also alive, or punish woman for wasting so many fertile eggs. This conversions lacks the understanding of the person's rights who is taking care fo the Zygote. Their body is at risk, providing resources and forever changed, if they don't want that. Then grow up and understand, it's not about you , it's not about your feelings, it's about them and their right to do as they please. I would also like to say if you call your self a conservative, this makes even less sense as you're trying to use big massive government to tell people what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Conservatives of today are just as big government as any other, no matter what they say.

EricFabian said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's also not the fetus' fault that sometimes it's an ectopic pregnancy.

I know, but what this have to do with rape?

I hadn't seen the previous quotes, so my apologies. I guess you can make that more of a general reply.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
osed125 said:

Depends on someone's point of view.

If the baby hasn't been developed yet, can it be considered a life? or a rational 'living' thing? does it have a soul? can it think? can it feel?

If memory serves me right, the period in which is 'safer' and recommended to have an abortion is between 14 and 22 weeks of pregnancy. Is this enough time to answer the questions above? 

'Killing' something that hasn't been fully develop doesn't have the same emotional impact as killing something that is (from a biological standpoint, don't want to get into the religious aspect). Sounds harsh but that is my opinion on the matter.

Yet you already did anyways...

You can believe in the soul without being religious. But this is off-topic.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Yet manslaughter only applies when another crime was being committed that lead to the death, so miscarriage wouldn't count as manslaughter.

Ka-pi96 said:

The one you described was involuntary manslaughter, and no that is only a crime when it was due to an unlawful act being committed in the first place, if that resulted in someones death then the crime gets bumped up to manslaughter instead of what it originally was. So if for example you killed someone while drink driving, then that's manslaughter. If however you weren't doing anything illegal or negligent and someone still died then that would be an accidental death, not legally your fault and so not manslaughter.

So what you're saying is that clinics & doctors should not be allowed to perform abortions -- that would be illegal -- but that women should not be punished for accidental miscarriages?

osed125 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yet you already did anyways...

You can believe in the soul without being religious. But this is off-topic.

Usually those that do have no real reason to justify it. The whole Idea of a soul is that it's an intangible eternal thing that is basically you and your body is a meat suit that holds it (or something like that). Without any religious belief there is no doctraine to refer to, to suggest that one does exist.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

LurkerJ said:
Pro.

We cage, kill animals and eat them. Animals that can feel and have more awareness than unborn fetuses.

Why is that ok and abortion isn't?

Nothing to miss on this planet anyway.

I'm not as fatalist (or realist, if you prefer it) as you are, but I think you're the one I agree with the most.

Mainly, anti-abortion. I'm not against abortion because I'm religious or anything. I just believe that killing innocent defenseless children for the sake of convenience is wrong. 

We don't put the majority of murderers/rapists to death but killing unborn babies is fine because it's the mother's body and it's inconvient to her. Sure.....

Unprotected sex between a fertile male and female = babies. Pregnancy is not a condition/illness that should be treated like a flu. If you don't want children or to have a child at that time, use birth control, get your tube tied or don't have sex. 

I believe it's okay to abort a child only when it seriously endangers the woman's life and if the preganancy is the result of rape. A woman's convenience is not greater than a child's life and the father's opinion on this.

If people were more responsible about sex and had some foresight, there would no need for general abortions. 

Ka-pi96 said:
the_dengle said:

So what you're saying is that clinics & doctors should not be allowed to perform abortions -- that would be illegal -- but that women should not be punished for accidental miscarriages?

Well... yeah. I did say I was anti-abortion.

Then you have created a system wherein a woman is prohibited from seeking a safe termination for a pregnancy in its early stages, but will not be punished for falling down and "accidentally" losing the baby.

If a woman really doesn't want that baby, she's not going to have it. Making abortions illegal or prohibitively expensive or difficult will only encourage desperate women to seek... alternative solutions.