By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are You Pro Or Anti-Abortion?

My honest opinion for the record:

Far as we've come in terms of biology, we still have no real idea when human life begins. Is a sperm alive? An egg? An embryo? When it reaches 8 cells? 16?

We don't know. You may have an opinion, your religion may have opinion, but human life is an exceedingly vague topic. Therefore, we have to leave it to each individual to decide for themselves.

Around the Network

I've always been pro-choice, especially in rape/incest cases.

I can't believe certain people would force a woman to have their rapist's child. Disgusting

This is tough for me, I am pro life, but I am not anti abortion. I believe in the freedom to choose, I just wish more would choose life over death.

I'm very surprised at the result here, the amount of Anti-abortion here has taken me back. My view on the issue is that a fetus is definitely not human life.

Subconsciously people know it's not a 'living child' when people are asked how many kids they have they'll say "I have 2 kids and 1 on the way" Instead of simply saying they've got 3 children.

If a woman punched herself in the stomach to miscarriage purposefully she will not be charged with murder.

This whole punishment theme seems very misplaced if someone got pregnant accidentally then they should be allowed to rectify it, I'm not sure where you guys are getting the whole "You fucked up, live with it forever" thing from. But that's not how the world works, everyone makes mistakes and everyone should be given the opportunity to amend those mistakes. "You spilled milk, you clearly don't care and shall never be allowed to have milk ever again"

But then again I do often get flashbacks of being in the womb praying every day that my mother doesn't abort me.

TL;DR: Don't be silly, people fuck up and I'm bad a jokes.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
the_dengle said:

If a woman has a miscarriage, should she be tried for manslaughter?

That's not even remotely the same. It's completely unintentional.

How do you prove intent?

Around the Network

I would never advise one to get an abortion. But there are so many abortists, feminists and whatever in our society, and they're all functioning citizens. It's just not viable to get them arrested for it, so I think an alternative solution is best. Like being forced to pay twice as much social insurance, for the entire life of the couple. Because abortion is not only morally wrong, it's bad for the economy.

Ka-pi96 said:
Zekkyou said:

That's what manslaughter is; "the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or in circumstances not amounting to murder."

Yet manslaughter only applies when another crime was being committed that lead to the death, so miscarriage wouldn't count as manslaughter.

Isn't manslaughter a crime in and of itself? I don't think it has to be a secondary.

iceland said:

I can't believe certain people would force a woman to have their rapist's child. Disgusting

Is not child's fault tho. 

Click HERE and be happy 

Just a fun addition paragraph to my previous... sarcastic rant.

"A pregnancy to a woman is perhaps one of the most determinative aspects of her life. It disrupts her body. It disrupts her education. It disrupts her employment. And it often disrupts her entire family life.

And we feel that, because of the impact on the woman, this … is a matter which is of such fundamental and basic concern to the woman involved that she should be allowed to make the choice as to whether to continue or to terminate her pregnancy."

EricFabian said:
iceland said:

Is not child's fault tho. 

It's also not the fetus' fault that sometimes it's an ectopic pregnancy.