By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are You Pro Or Anti-Abortion?

If you don't want the child then there a high chance that you can't raise it.

Around the Network

Might as well throw my thoughts. 

I guess it depends on the situation.

If a teenager gets pregnant 'by mistake' (with a guy she cares and maybe loves) and wants to get an abortion, then I'm against it. If neither the teenager nor the family want the baby, give it for adoption.

If the baby comes from a rape, then the woman has the right to get an abortion. JWeinCom basically explains my thoughts exactly.

I'm also in favor from a medical standpoint, if the woman's life if in danger, an abortion is completely valid.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Bringing a child into this world when there are complications like teen pregnancy, rape, parental inestability and other factors that could pretty much screw up the childs upbringing should be definetly be considered to be aborted. cuz is not only the child that suffers growing up, but the parents or single parent that maybe cant afford to raise a child, maybe the parents have a deseas and will die in a few years and the child will be left alone, or the parents going to jail for years but the woman is pregnant.

There are to many variables that could ruin a childs life and the parents, there are times when is better to not have the child.

"I dont want to kill the baby, whatever Ill just give it for adoption". Giving a kid away is not as easy as some like to think. We have evolved to love our kids unconditionally and giving a kid away as soon as its born is an unbelievable pain and they will regret it their entire life, always thinking of that child somewhere, if is ok, healthy, happy, good adoptive parents, if it was adopted at all. The kid could pass its entire life going from foster home to foster home cuz nobody wanted it, specially if it has a desability.

Im pro-chice, or pro-abortion, dont know what the diference is, someone could fill me in.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to upset/offend/disrespect anybody else. These are just my personal beliefs on the subject, so I hope you will extend me the same courtesy of respect. We're all entitled to our own beliefs.

I'm personally pro-life. Regardless of the baby being in the woman's body, what about the baby's body? Shouldn't the baby have a chance to live his/her life? There are other options like adoption. I think abortion is essentially murder, and there are few things in life that I consider more selfish. If you want to have sex, then there's always going to be a "risk" of pregnancy. But wanting the right to murder another life so that you don't have to deal with any consequences/inconveniences for a decision that you made to have sex is just selfish and horrible, in my opinion.

That being said, there are certain circumstances such as rape or when the woman's life is in jeopardy from the pregnancy that I think are more "gray areas."

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

If a woman has a miscarriage, should she be tried for manslaughter?

Around the Network

Pro.

We cage, kill animals and eat them. Animals that can feel and have more awareness than unborn fetuses.

Why is that ok and abortion isn't?

Nothing to miss on this planet anyway.

im against some abortions. there shouldnt be pressure to abort ill children. its not cool that there are extra rules about aborting children with down syndrom or other handycap that allow a somewhat normal happy life.

if you want to abort because you can feed a children or cant love it or other reasons, well thats something complety different and should be legal

I'm pro-abortion (though i say that with a heavy heart), but i don't really understand why it's such a hotly debated issue right now. Providing comprehensive sex education to children, and ensuring that men and woman have easy and affordable access to contraceptives seem like more relevant starting points, especially in the US. Plucking the sapling often seems to go completely ignored in favor of cutting the tree down.

eva01beserk said:
Bringing a child into this world when there are complications like teen pregnancy, rape, parental inestability and other factors that could pretty much screw up the childs upbringing should be definetly be considered to be aborted. cuz is not only the child that suffers growing up, but the parents or single parent that maybe cant afford to raise a child, maybe the parents have a deseas and will die in a few years and the child will be left alone, or the parents going to jail for years but the woman is pregnant.

There are to many variables that could ruin a childs life and the parents, there are times when is better to not have the child.

"I dont want to kill the baby, whatever Ill just give it for adoption". Giving a kid away is not as easy as some like to think. We have evolved to love our kids unconditionally and giving a kid away as soon as its born is an unbelievable pain and they will regret it their entire life, always thinking of that child somewhere, if is ok, healthy, happy, good adoptive parents, if it was adopted at all. The kid could pass its entire life going from foster home to foster home cuz nobody wanted it, specially if it has a desability.

Im pro-chice, or pro-abortion, dont know what the diference is, someone could fill me in.

@Bolded: Yet killing the child is something you won't regret in life and won't find hard to do, right?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

JWeinCom said:
Ljink96 said:
Anti Abortion and here's why:
Firstly, I find that I can't tell someone else what to do with their life. I can't. That's my Pro Abortion side.

But I was in a debate once and I was Anti Abortion, full on because you're not giving someone a chance at life. Yes, that embryo or cell of blood, whatever stage it is in...is an aspiring and growing human being. Somebody gave you a chance, the best that you can do is give them a chance or not have the baby.

"But nobody will take care of him/her as I would"...well damn... that makes no sense. If you want to have him/her killed...does that even infer that you would even take care of him/her? I've heard it all and it all is BS. Of course, that's my opinion.

Oh, and one more thing: the child disability thing. I understand that someone might not want to bring a child into this world with no chance of living. Then again, there are religious folks(which I am) that will say that you don't know what God can do for that child. AKA, a miracle. But unlike strict religious types, I won't continually force that on you. It's your choice. I don't find it to be the right choice but it's yours to make.

I guess, I have mixed feelings about it. Overall, I just feel that definitely, any child that hasn't been predetermined to have an issue, deserves a chance to see and experience this beautiful world of ours. How selfish it would be to do otherwise.

"But what if I was raped"? I don't wanna be reminded of the baby and I want to kill it instead... That to me is a bunch of BS. Have the child, send him/her to be adopted.

So... let's say you were just raped.  Now you have a baby in your stomach.  For nine months you're going to have a little thing kicking around in your stomach for nine months.  You're going to have to go through an incredibly painful process, your body will be irreperably changed (poor vagina), a process which actually can be lethal (particularly depending on where you are, but even in the US abortion is many times safer than live birth).  If you are in school or in work, this process will inevitably disrupt what you are doing in life.  Depending on what your career path is, it may derail it completely.

People who may not be aware that you've been raped may judge you, or may even good naturedly ask who the father is, so once again you can be reminded that you've been raped.  Your lovelife will be put on hold for a year because most people don't want a pregnant chick (although, gotta be honest, I'm sort of into it.  TMI right?)

And after you've gone through this process, you'll have the stigma of having given a child up for adoption, and there is always the chance that this will lead to legal issues with the rapist over custody (yeah this has happened).

I feel like you haven't fully thought about this issue from the perspective of a woman.

You make it sound like rape is the prime reason of abortion. Personally, I think the rape argument is one of the weakest arguments for pro-abortionist. It's only effective in arguments because of it's emotional impact. That said 88% pregnancies (by rape) in the united states are countered with emergency contraceptions when the victim's in the hospital. And last I checked... majority of women who get abortions aren't rape victims...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson