By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lies of Slightly Mad (Project Cars) Head of the studio confess that they were overpromising

Thoughts?

I hate them a bit :) 44 16.79%

I hate them a lot :D 36 13.74%

Nah, just a bunch of liars 66 25.19%

Project Liar 115 43.89%

Total:261

There were actually quite a few of us who believed this to be the case the whole time; the concerns over a scrapped Wii U version of this title has been a topic in here for at least a year.

Around the Network

Honestly when putting everything into a timeline like that it sounds as if the developers first thought they could make this amazing game, then they found a couple of bumps in the road but not enough to stop them and then they found too much bumps and just couldn't continue.

In all honesty the hardware isn't strong enough, that's all. They seem like they really do want to give a good experience, to Wii U player, but they just can't bring up the game to their standards. Why put up all that effort when the game might end up selling less than 100K units and dissapoint a ton of people because it's not what they expected. This is all for the best of both Wii U gamers and the developers.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

There is something about :

1) being realistic, even with goals that you have set yourself and the messages you therefor share

2) changing goal posts from yes, to later, to maybe and then giving qualifiers which werent part of your original message

3) reckognising the talent at SMS e.g. they blamed MS for bad controls and had to patch it. If MS didn't have any issues with their controller in Forza 4 and FH 2, how did it become an issue with Pcars?

4) various issues that Pcars has on both current gen consoles

It may not be lying, but they are walking a fine line between over promising, under delivering, changing goal posts and diverting decisions they made onto others. The classic being not having many cars because gamers usually settle with a handful. That's like capcom saying the next SF will only have 8 characters as they are the most playe. GT and Forza make use of the variety of cars through their career mode e.g. mini races, hatch back races, 4wd races etc

I think this game has been given more leeway than any other racing simulator and isit's not good as we as gamers set the precedent by accepting these work ethics.

I wonder who forced the more tech savvy people of the company to shut up about the truth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Welp, this is exactly why I dont back games before release cause no matter how promising the game looks... once they have my money, they can do anything they want with it. Too bad for anyone that backed it for the wiiu version, for shame slighty mad studios

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Yeah it's not good, they should just scale it back more if that's what needs to be done. 540p that bugger if you have to.

It isn't necessarily limited by the GPU. It can be CPU bound, since racing sims have some load of physics on the CPU. Wii U's bottleneck is the CPU (that's basically a tri-core, overclocked GameCube CPU), not the GPU.

I wouldn't call them liars, probably more along the lines of over ambitious? They probably thought they could do it but later found they couldn't. It sucks and It'd be cool if it makes it too Wii U, but even if it does it seems apparent that it'd be the lesser of the rest of the released platforms.

StarOcean said:
I wouldn't call them liars, probably more along the lines of over ambitious? They probably thought they could do it but later found they couldn't. It sucks and It'd be cool if it makes it too Wii U, but even if it does it seems apparent that it'd be the lesser of the rest of the released platforms.

When that happens the normal reaction is a downgrade and an extra effort for the optimization. Not cancelling a game and releasing it 2 years later on another console.  The only thing we wanted was a good sim racing with Gran Turismo 6 graphics ( a little better maybe) Is too much to ask for that on a console that is clearly superior to ps3? we don´t need a new state of the art graphics.

those lies...those awful lies.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Lazy. It turned out to be easier to develop for ps4 and xb1, so they went from creating a game solely for Wii U, to the very opposite. They are lazy and cowardly. But I'm sure they'll cut a profit and we have all learned a lesson. Don't trust people.