By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Warner Bros Intern: Inception 2 happening as a video game.

Not unexpected, Nolan wanted that since 2010:

"The director of The Dark Knight and Memento wants to turn his latest film, the $750 million grossing Inception, into a video game. Just don't expect it any time soon."

http://kotaku.com/5644018/christopher-nolan-wants-to-make-an-inception-video-game

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
What?

What? Why?

because inception is a very recognizable franchise, so it's a really safe thing to invest a lot money and recourses on. It'll probably have good writing though.... If it's really going be a thing in the future. 

.- -... -.-. -..

Guys this isn't going to be based of the movie, it's going to be seperate. We all know that games based of actual movies are the ones that are bad.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Guys this isn't going to be based of the movie, it's going to be seperate. We all know that games based of actual movies are the ones that are bad.

I guess. Those older games generally recreate the scenes of the movie in a very jarring way and remove and add unnecessary element to the story in a poor attempt fit it with context of the game. I won't mention anything about the abysmal gameplay. 

.- -... -.-. -..

shikamaru317 said:
Azerth said:
expecting it to be bad since its based on a movie but who knows maybe ill be wrong

Eh, not all movie based games are bad, there are plenty of exceptions, for instance many of the Star Wars games are very good. What matters most is if the developer is good. The intern said after Arkham Knight, is he suggesting that Rocksteady will be developing it? Rocksteady are top notch devs, if they're going to be developing it then I'd have high hopes.

This is very true. Many movie/licence based games are just handed off to whoever will do it for the least cash, and thus they nearly always end up as turds.

Around the Network

Being a fan of the movie, this idea crossed my mind two or three times. But I've been thinking many alternatives for gameplay, but I just don't see it. The dream concept from the movie was to leave you limitless possibilities, and I don't know if this would work for a game. If they manage to make a gameplay that would work, I'd love to see it.

I remember the director of Inception saying how he wanted to make a video game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Uhhhhh... I don't see it...

I'm having trouble imagining how Inception would work as a game, unless it's just using the dreams as a convenient way of justifying entering vastly different scenarios one after the other, while the game itself is a standard shooter.

Or worse (to me) it's just a Heavy Rain type game.

Sounds great. WB are fucking killing it these days.

One of the best studios around.