By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Christianity has fallen

Why is gay marriage such a great threat to Christianity? The world is full of things that don't mesh with the Bible and its rules, but it seems this gay thing is the only thing that you people are worried about? Seems more like a personal problem for Christians than anything else. The Great Big Book of cherry picking your personal peeves and throwing the book at them. It's great for rerouting your personal moral values through a "higher authority" for convenience.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Another one of these, huh? Humans fighting over pointless philosophical questions as per usual. "der iz no gawd. onluh scienc!" or "gawd iz real, i red it n a book" Neither side will convince either. However, they are pretty entertaining to observe.

these type of convos never end well

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Intelligence and Religion aren't mutually exclusive, and increased access to information can ironically lead to even more ignorance.

reggin_bolas said:
outlawauron said:

If this were the case, why is Christianity still growing?

And I do hope you realize that a Jesus of Bethelhem did exist roughly 2000 years ago, regardless of if you believe what he did was true.

It's not. It's on a massive decline in Europe if you look at the sweeping political and social reforms taking place since the 1990's. Virtually every country in EU have sanctioned gay marriage as an example. The United States, as the final bastion of Christianity is on the verge of total collapse. Obama has ushured in a new era of atheism dressed up as secularism. The US has never been so polarized since the civil war. Militant SJWs are sweeping the country with organized protests and boycotts aimed at persecuting Christians. Religion in the US is being relegated to mere theology where one is not allowed to practice just hold beliefs (and preferably keep them private as to not offend). 

Atheism is becoming the standard anti-religious "religion" in the Western world. And as I stated, there remains only isolated conclaves of practictioneers that have no political power or social influence. 

As for this pipe dream, the first amendment prevents this in the US.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Well, it seems that catholic and protestant branches of Christianity are falling in the West. But the Orthodox Christianity in Russia/Greece is in a very good condition. And I heard stories about people from West (France/Finland) who change from protestants/catholic to orthodox, 'cause they feel that this direction is still pure.

Dante9 said:
Why is gay marriage such a great threat to Christianity? The world is full of things that don't mesh with the Bible and its rules, but it seems this gay thing is the only thing that you people are worried about? Seems more like a personal problem for Christians than anything else. The Great Big Book of cherry picking your personal peeves and throwing the book at them. It's great for rerouting your personal moral values through a "higher authority" for convenience.

It's not. Christianity has been around for a while now. Homosexuality has been around arguably even longer. Its only a "thing now" because some people don't like it being legalized and cite the Bible or other religions texts, see Quran and Torah(Which is where the bible came from). 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
StarOcean said:
Another one of these, huh? Humans fighting over pointless philosophical questions as per usual. "der iz no gawd. onluh scienc!" or "gawd iz real, i red it n a book" Neither side will convince either. However, they are pretty entertaining to observe.

Nope, never do. All that happens is you see the atheists* call religious people brainwashed idiots who caused every bad thing thats ever happened in human history, and then you got the religous* side trying to justify themselves and whatever hell else they do. 

*Note: This only really occurs on these forums and online in general. In rl I have atheist and religous friends and they don't go bat-shit crazy into mindless debates XD These sorts of threads are as bad as the "chertz rnt updted" threads because all they do is divide the community due to their often offensive and hate-spreading behavior. 

Nettles said:
Muslims will never support gay rights or abortions, get real.
Point is, the current system has basically reached it's expiration date.Most countries in the world are completely bankrupt and paper fiat currency is backed by nothing but faith.Faith that diminishes ever further with the continued debasement that has accelerated over the past 20 years.

So we have established the system is unsustainable, fewer jobs owing to more technological advances, diminishing resources, funny money that becomes worth less every day and debt that is simply unpayable.The global economy will financially collapse and the people least prepared for it will be the far left inner city hipsters/progressive types.In Europe muslims are overwhelmingly based in large cities, they too will suffer greatly.The ones who will do the best? Right wing religious types - Amish type folk will continue on mostly unaffected, preppers, people who read biblical scripture and are preparing for "end times".

It all boils down to this.The left thinks big government is the solution to problems, the right thinks big government is the problem.I would not trust the government to look after you in any sort of major economic collapse situation, most of the higher ups will be in an underground base waiting it out.Failing economies also like to start wars to "kickstart" the economy, to increase govt support and to enact whatever fascist laws they wish.I'm closely watching the situation in the South China sea right now with China building these artificial islands, obviously so they can claim what ocean territory they already believe to be theirs.

I agree with a lot of what you said... however I will disagree with you description of the Left & Right.
I consider myself to be left wing, however by your definition, the particular ideology of the Left that I align myself with does not exist.
I believe that all forms of government are harmful to society, so too is religion.

No Gods, no masters.
If one allows themself to be ruled by a tyrant God, believe me, if any depiction of God exists, God is a tyrant. 
What kind of God would allow children to have bone cancer? And then if you deny this terrible heartless God, you have to burn for eternity.
Not that there is any proof of any Gods existence whatsoever.
However to allow your self to be ruled by such a belief, you are allowing yourself to be ruled by people as well.
Governments of the past were formed to rule people and they primarily used religion to create laws and to control the masses.

Governments to this day still heavily consist of religious, conservative types, who will stop at nothing to ensure that people are still oppressed. 
People should have the right to marry whom they want without government intervention. If people should go to war, so to should those in power. It is hypocrisy. If you lie to the government it is a crime, however if they lie to you, it is just politics.

StarOcean said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Nope, never do. All that happens is you see the atheists* call religious people brainwashed idiots who caused every bad thing thats ever happened in human history, and then you got the religous* side trying to justify themselves and whatever hell else they do. 

*Note: This only really occurs on these forums and online in general. In rl I have atheist and religous friends and they don't go bat-shit crazy into mindless debates XD These sorts of threads are as bad as the "chertz rnt updted" threads because all they do is divide the community due to their often offensive and hate-spreading behavior. 

That's actually true. I actually have quite a few atheist friends but they never shove it in my face or condemn me and vice versa. Its usualy online where I encounter hostility or see hostility from both sides

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Dante9 said:

It is stupid. It is only something briefly mentioned in the bible yet that is one of the main factors that Christians hold dear. As a matter of fact, the bible mentions on numerous occasions not to eat shrimp, this is mentioned more than the anti-gay bigotry passages. 
Christians still eat shrimp though. They are just very selective about which parts of the bible appeal to them, and what they should use to control others. The popes and so forth probably were in agreement that it is okay to molester children (boys) but not okay to marry another man. Oh and that shrimp is okay regardless of that being mentioned more often than homosexuality.

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin...