By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New artworks from a mistwalker project ! (Cry on ?)

well i rest my case your a very mad fanboy if you think one of the highest selling JRPG of all time doesnt make it the system RPGers go to. Your a fanboy and your mad xbox has lost its grip on everything.

Let me ask you this since sony has more FPS coming out this year thats means sony is the FPS system correct? so sony owns more FPS and is the FPS system and xbox is the JRPG system........ so you say.........

And your insults do not hurt me. i type as fast as i can because im making money at work. so crack on me all you want but make sure you backup what you are saying fanboy.

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
Yeah I'm sorry guys, I'm an AVID ps3 supporter, but I'm going with Stickball on this one, the 360's needed to make up some massive ground in Japan and they really are fighting for that initiative. In terms of general RPG support the 360 is currently in the lead, which is kinda sad because there aren't that many rpgs yet, but even more sad for the Wii and PS3. There will be some amazing RPG's this generation, and I do believe the PS3's exclusive rpg's will be second to none, but as for right now the 360 is spanking our asses :P

Thank you you have sense to know what we are trying to say. RIGHT NOW xbox owns no question but not forever. And all the RPGS on xbox are not AAA. in fact NONE of the JRPGS are.

mrstickball is a xbox fanboy to the fullest to say xbox JRPGS even match uncoming ps3 JRPGS. I own and played them all and they are NOT AAA.

As for how long ive been a gamer...hmmm all my life buddy.

And again, both systems have alot of uncertain IPs coming to them.

Final Fantasy XIII, for all the hype it's given, could be the next Final Fantasy VIII and totally bomb in terms of goodness.

Likewise, Cry On or Verspiria could be pure junk, or could be the next uber-JRPG made.

So I fail to see, outside of a pro-FFXIII argument, how PS3 is "the system to get". Call me what you want, but when one system is getting one major JRPG IP, and the other is getting about 5...I'd tend to take the 5 rather than the one. The N64 had some great games on it, but the PS1 was better, despite not having all of the uber-IPs, merely because there was oh-so many good to great IPs, but no Goldeneyes, Zeldas, or Marios.

Dno, what was your first RPG? What year?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Also, why all the throwing around of "fanboy"? It makes it sound like your rather insecure with your console...

And at any rate, aren't we here to talk about Cry On and not about how the PS3 has JRPGs and such?

my first RPG was not the oldest ive played but ill play along.
Super Mario for SNES i think. but since ive played all u can name. CT, ff, DQ and all. my fav of all time is Xenogears. LOVE THAT GAME lol.

also xbox is hardly beating ps3 on RPGS so i dont no where that is coming from. pretty much besides mistwalker sony will have them all at some point. Even mass effect will be coming  at a later date.

and On topic i really dont care what this game is i will get it. I love RPGS. and this is prolly gonna be ok. i have hundreds of games and ill get to it when i do.
Right now im Playing ff11 (a little bit to much). Been playing for 3 years on and off lol.

Any other info u need on me let me no..

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
And again, both systems have alot of uncertain IPs coming to them.

Final Fantasy XIII, for all the hype it's given, could be the next Final Fantasy VIII and totally bomb in terms of goodness.

Likewise, Cry On or Verspiria could be pure junk, or could be the next uber-JRPG made.

So I fail to see, outside of a pro-FFXIII argument, how PS3 is "the system to get". Call me what you want, but when one system is getting one major JRPG IP, and the other is getting about 5...I'd tend to take the 5 rather than the one. The N64 had some great games on it, but the PS1 was better, despite not having all of the uber-IPs, merely because there was oh-so many good to great IPs, but no Goldeneyes, Zeldas, or Marios.

Dno, what was your first RPG? What year?

PS1 had FF7, didnt it? Oh, And Ive played Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata, I could bet FF13 will outsell and outscore them, even the bad FF had good scores and good sales.

@Dno

I needed a good laugh, thank you! I've been reading your responses and either you haven't been a gamer for long or you don't pay attention to the industry. You made a claim that because Sony is known to have great RPGS in the past everyone will buy the PS3 for RPGS this gen? That would mean there were lots of upset gamers that bought a N64 waiting for the next great RPGs since that had always been on a Nintendo console. Well let me inform you, that didn't happen. Most gamers went over to Sony and their Playstaion because they had not only the multitude of great RPGs that the SNES formerly had it also had a huge diverse library. That library consisted of everything from crap and shovelware to good or even great games. The thing is no one would've expected that because they were missing out on the great Nintendo platformers and adventure games, but leave they did. They left the plumber and got aquanted with a bandicoot. 

So you see you're looking at history the wrong way. You're looking at things like they can't change when in fact they do and they sometimes change drastically. All those alliances that Sony has can easily shift to the Nintendo with it's dominant Wii/DS, or good ole Moneyhat Microsoft. When you think about it yes FF13 is going to the PS3 but more than one FF is made per generation. Being that the White Engine is able to make multi plat games the next FF could very well go to more than one console.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I only say that the PS3 will be the coupe de grace for RPG's because that's always seemed to be Sony's focus on game style. Epic, story driven experiences. With all the space that blu-ray offers, they can fit a literal ton of cutscenes, plenty of CGI, plenty of streaming to cut down on battle lag, basically all the needless perks that come standard with the PS3 seem like they were made for RPG's. So I have a feeling that the best of the best RPG's this gen will be on the PS3. But I'm kind of a fanboy so to say so that's just my take on it.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Goddbless said:

@Dno

I needed a good laugh, thank you! I've been reading your responses and either you haven't been a gamer for long or you don't pay attention to the industry. You made a claim that because Sony is known to have great RPGS in the past everyone will buy the PS3 for RPGS this gen? That would mean there were lots of upset gamers that bought a N64 waiting for the next great RPGs since that had always been on a Nintendo console. Well let me inform you, that didn't happen. Most gamers went over to Sony and their Playstaion because they had not only the multitude of great RPGs that the SNES formerly had it also had a huge diverse library. That library consisted of everything from crap and shovelware to good or even great games. The thing is no one would've expected that because they were missing out on the great Nintendo platformers and adventure games, but leave they did. They left the plumber and got aquanted with a bandicoot. 

So you see you're looking at history the wrong way. You're looking at things like they can't change when in fact they do and they sometimes change drastically. All those alliances that Sony has can easily shift to the Nintendo with it's dominant Wii/DS, or good ole Moneyhat Microsoft. When you think about it yes FF13 is going to the PS3 but more than one FF is made per generation. Being that the White Engine is able to make multi plat games the next FF could very well go to more than one console.

Im glad i made you laugh cause you have made my laugh as well.

ok where do i start. You cant read. We where debating which system has/have/coming the better JRPGS. i never said ANYTHING about ps3 sales or  selling number 1 this gen because of the amount of JRPGS on it. so your 1st paragraph means nuthin because thats not what we said lol.

second part makes a lot of sense but lets view it this way. JRPGS sell where? mostly in japan. so do you go to a system with 2 million or half a million? (remeber if you can read anything i have stated that wii will prolly have the most RPGS. and i said that on the 1st page read up.) this was clearly between the 360 and ps3.

whew thats all.......

Godbless, and that's entirely my point.

Dno, for any mote of respect I have for him, never really got in on the golden years of Nintendo RPG dominance....And because of that, it's hard not to have Sony JRPG blinders on.

For those that don't remember:

Nintendo NES and SNES had a virtual stranglehold on the RPG market. Every major top-tier RPG, sans Phantasy Star (God bless it) was on NES or SNES. The SNES was/still is, the best JRPG system in the history of gaming.

Problem is, the N64 was an absolute bomb in terms of JRPGs. We had a few trickle down the pipe - Quest, Ogre Battle, but no major ones. Why? N64 failed to gain Japanese momentum after launch, and developers eventually backed out of developing top-tier JRPGs on the N64, because the Playstation 1 was better, cheaper, and had a higher penetration rate. Couple that with N's total lack of ability to work with 3rd parties to create new games.

Fast forward 12 years from the Big N's launch of the 64, and we're in the same position.

Back then, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire, and about 50 other top-tier JRPGs were on SNES, and were going to dev on the N64. I bought in. Guess what? They never materialized.

I have the same hesitance endorsing, or defending the Playstation 3 as anywhere near the dominant JRPG console this generation - Microsoft is doing far more to win over JRPG support from developers, and Nintendo has such a commanding market lead, that there's very little reason, aside from having a game almost made for PS3 already, to develop a title exclusively for the PS3. And guess what? When was the last time you saw an exclusive PS3 JRPG be announced?

So that puts Sony in a real bad position for future prospects of JRPGs: MS has the cash, Nintendo has the hardware sales. Sony has neither. So where are the JRPGs going?