By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New artworks from a mistwalker project ! (Cry on ?)

Also, am I the only one who absolutely despised the Tales games?

And, I may be mistaken, but isn't Dark Cloud 3 confirmed for PS3? I love the second one. 

Around the Network

Pearl - difference is, when I spell wrong...It's once or twice in a paragraph, rather than once or twice a sentence :)

But either way, the issue with dedicating your resources to a said system, based on JRPGs could vary..As much as one might think that "oh, I'll buy the PS3 cuz it might have more RPGs in the future" ignores that any given game could suck. Whereas we know exactly what the X360 brings, in terms of JRPGs to the table....Which, to me, is a good advantage.

Edit: Dark Cloud is supposedly PS3 exclusive....But it's been slated as being in production since 2004, with a 2009 TBA Release date. So I have no idea about that one.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball - I agree completely. But I'm trying to think of the prospective buyer who plans on only purchasing one system. No doubt you could get the better experience on the 360 now, and those games are tried, tested and true. Or, you could hope that your franchises (FF) won't let you down, which as we know can happen to all of us. FFVIII in your case, FF XII in mine. I still believe most would opt for the PS3 simply out of expectations of these big franchises.

I would agree that *most* would....But that doesn't inherantly make it the better choice of the 2 options.... :)

Hah, why do you guys argue which HD system has the better RPGs when the Wii is in the clear lead with...None? Ouch.

Anyways, just sit back, relax and wait till some of these games are released. Why so heated?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Because it's fun to argue about the best genre in gaming history :)

And besides, it's worthwhile because everyone knows that the Xbox was the worst console in recent history (sans maybe the TG-16) for RPGs. So now that it has RPGs, it's fun to discuss, and enjoy: hence the Lost Odyssey lovefest we have here.

pearljammer said:
Not meaning to pick on you or anything, but I hate when people grill others on their posts due to poor spelling/grammar when they clearly can fully understand it.

Fitting word choice, we're also talking about the PS3 after all

Well its ok it matters not to me if you pick on the spelling because you no what i mean. i refuse to write in VG chartz and  not to shorten a few words. As long as people get my point im cool. (which i no you all did just Mr. stickball was angry so took a couple of jabs at me.)

and it is very fun to debate future RPGS.

Whoever says that FFXIII will own every other RPG because "come on, it's FF" is mistaken. I love FF to death but i'm enjoying Blue Dragon much more than FFXII.

I get the feeling FFXIII (from what i've seen so far, high-tech setting, soldiers instead of monsters etc) will be a big letdown, just like FFXII (IMO).

Hrmm. Honestly as a huge JRPG fan it was an incredibly difficult decision for me to choose which HD console I'd prefer to buy. In the end, I decided on the PS3, not because of FFXIII (FF has been dead to me for years), but because of the more artistic games like Valkyria Chronicles and because it's the only console guaranteed to get Star Ocean 4 (And it was kinda tough picking between that and the Microsoft-purchased Infinite Undiscovery).