By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who's your favourite superhero?

So, who's your favourite superhero?

Hancock! 6 10.91%

Bruce Willis in that shamalayan movie! 5 9.09%

Big Hero 6! 4 7.27%

Popeye! 5 9.09%

The X-Statix dudes! 2 3.64%

Mr. Manhattan! 4 7.27%

^ Do you actually know al... 15 27.27%

Show me the results! 14 25.45%

Total:55

Easy question, who's your favourite superhero? You don't need to explain why if you don't want to, but it would be nice if you do!

As for me:

Daredevil

Superheroes are no strangers to cliché backgrounds. Matt Murdock aka Daredevil isn't an exception. He lost his father when he chose to fight for what he thought it was right. However, this superhero brings a unique twist: he's visually-challenged. His powers come from his other acute senses that were exponencially improved when a radioactive cilinder hit Matt in his eyes.

The twist itself is not the only reason why I love Daredevil so much, but the fact that he's witty and bright in a world full of despair and sorrow. Whereas new iterations of this superhero have clouded the image he once had (Like the Ben Affleck movie or whatever horrible issues that came after Frank Miller took over the comics direction and destroyed the Daredevil persona and what he represented), he stood for me as a superhero icon, who fought admirable foes in order to protect the citizens and the people he cared for (Like his battle with Namor).

He was at times a somewhat of an experimental formula for Marvel, who more often than not had ridiculous villains, just like a dude dressed as frog whose main skill was being able to jump higher than most people, or El Matador, who was a spanish bullfighter that eh...that's pretty much it, a spanish bullfighter who was kinda resented with mankind. They tried some interesting arcs with other characters, like Spider-Man which ended being one of his best allies, or The Avengers, which he saved twice throughout his career.

And I know most people prefer Frank Miller's take on the character (sales evidence this, to an extent), but for me, best Daredevil era was Gene Colan's.

Runner-up: The Flash (heh, runner!).

These dudes can travel through time and punch Superman while he's on his mother's womb. They're also faster than him, except for Jay Garrick who has some trouble catching him up (But mostly because of age!). Really, what else do I need to say?

Around the Network

Batman if he counts...

Anti-hero, DeadPool because he's a badass and we have similar personalities. 

I have to say Deadpool because of how hilarious he can be. That, and because I can be Deadpool whenever I want

Spider-Man and Gambit are tied in a close second. Gambit because he's the hottest hero alive and  that his weapons are cards (or anything he touches) charged with explosives. And Spider-Man because it's one of the most iconic superheroes ever.

And Nightwing on a third place. Apart from his dashing looks, he seems less arrogant and less perfect than his mentor.

Either Deadpool or Batman

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

For me, Spiderman.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Captain_Yuri said:
Either Deadpool or Batman

Good choices, Batman is my runner up.

Gambit, then, now and always. He was just so damn suave, rode a bike, wore a trench coat, rocked a bo staff, and had black eyes with red pupils. AND a killer accent. AND his trademark was turning playing cards into bombs.

Who is cooler than that???

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Charles Xavier I guess since he is quite a bit different form the regular superhero in the two latest xmen movies and encourages villains to stop what they are doing without tearing everything else apart. If that one´s not counted I would go for either badman or spiderman, since they are practically the only heroes in dc or marvel cinema movies which are not practically invincible.

Honourable mention Groot he´is to damn epic to not be considered an option

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

^ This badass.