By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do Gamers Hate On Everything That's In?

annual games really got the hate due to being an annual game and doesn't bring more value to $60 to the hard earned money from the consumers.

Around the Network
97alexk said:

At first people complained about Fifa and COD being the same thing. now that the COD fanbase and Fifa fanbase are a bit angered from all the negativty, they went so low and started to attack nintendo and saying ''ohh mario is so milked or pokemon'' Yes technically they are milked franchises, doesnt mean they are bad games. But COD and Fifa, arent really good games, in each new mario game theres something big new, but in Fifa and COD its just better graphics. I gotta be honest though COD has tried something new and interesting with like the future mechanics but it didnt work out too well in my opinion. They should go back to Vietnam war era or World War 2

i never seen this from a fifa player, they know that teh game is the same every year, but they love football enough to buy the game every year anyway because they want to play with their team, with the actual players, against the actual players of another team.

and they want back features if the new fifa cuts out features, they are not real fanboys(as long as its not fifa vs PES), because there are not so many alternatives.

cod on the other hand, well its one of the worst FPS, maybe the worst made by a big company.(okay, BF got realy bad in the last years).

and they dont realy try something new, they mix in tested cool features from time to time, and they do it realy badly, worse than the just for "coolnes" implemented "features" is just the story, ohh boy, its like a badly written movie about the soldiers in a transformers film.  

i would buy the game+all DLC day one if they would made crossplattform servers, just to harvest tears of 14 year old console gamers...

tiffac said:
Downplay is an art form that only gamers know how to do. ;)

Politicians mastered that art. For better or worse, we're just copying them.

Maybe social media makes it more normal for people to whinge about things they don't like?

I try to focus on things I do like rather than waste time complaining about stuff that doesn't get my interest (or that I have tried and disliked).

It just seems like a waste of time to tell strangers how you hate/dislike X or Y or Z. What's the point really, unless someone is asking directly? It's egotistical. I dislike Halo strongly, but I don't waste my time or other people's time repeatedly stating something that helps nobody and accomplishes nothing of value.

Arkaign said:
Maybe social media makes it more normal for people to whinge about things they don't like?

I try to focus on things I do like rather than waste time complaining about stuff that doesn't get my interest (or that I have tried and disliked).

It just seems like a waste of time to tell strangers how you hate/dislike X or Y or Z. What's the point really, unless someone is asking directly? It's egotistical. I dislike Halo strongly, but I don't waste my time or other people's time repeatedly stating something that helps nobody and accomplishes nothing of value.

Agreed.

Many people I know want their views to be reinforced. So, they post a status on facebook for X wanting others to tell them how right and smart they are liking or disliking X.  

Every March with college basketball I have at least 1 or 2 people who cannot stand the fact people such as myself enjoy it and shout "I DON'T CARE!" in an attempt to make all of us shut up, because we exist solely for their amusement and any deviation is not allowed.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Aeolus451 said:
I'm not a hipster, so I just like what I like regardless of what others think of it.

Considering hate is what drives people the most these days, I'd say you're a hipster for liking almost everything.

Who said that I liked almost everything?

Aeolus451 said:
Wright said:

Considering hate is what drives people the most these days, I'd say you're a hipster for liking almost everything.

Who said that I liked almost everything?

I do!

Aeolus451 said:
tiffac said:
Downplay is an art form that only gamers know how to do. ;)

Politicians mastered that art. For better or worse, we're just copying them.

I always thought that art form was LYING. lol!