By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do Gamers Hate On Everything That's In?

Because games are the only part of our culture fat 20-samethings can claim superior knowledge about?

Because in every very closed subculture (like gamers were like 10 years ago), there are people who hilariously think they're superior to everybody else by being in it... and when the subculture goes mainstream, they lose that sense of superiority? So they claim not to like that mainstream stuff to allow themselves to think they're still better than everyone who does?

Because no matter what you name, some people who hate it exist somewhere in the world and it doesn't have to be game-related and that's just how the world works?

SO MANY OPTIONS!

Around the Network

Because haters gonna hate.

Clearly the numbers point to the title being untrue.

I always think it's just the internet that overexaggerates everything. It may or may not be the majority, but we will, unfortunately, always see the negative comments outshine the positive ones

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

How about that side who hates on the other side, such as Nintendo games and indie games? It's not a one side street ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

It is the hypocrisy of human nature. I fortunately have high functioning autism known as Aspergers syndrome. It makes me a little different than most. I'm glad though. I like what I like and mostly stay loyal because of it. I don't care what is popular with others unless it fits what I like. If what is popular is what I like-usually not-then I speak kindly about it. If not, vice versa. I like JRPG's and never abandoned liking them. I have stayed loyal before they were popular, when they fell from popularity and now.

The only exceptions are the times when I quit playing video games for faith based reasons.

The two examples you gave are self explanatory in themselves. FIFA and COD are notorious for cranking out titles that do little or nothing to improve on, or even experiment with, the ideas of the last iteration.

I, personally, would never rip on a game just because it has achieved success. "Bloodborne" and "Mario Kart 8" have both done very well in terms of sales - and both of those games are excellent. FIFA, COD, Assassins Creed... those games milk consumers but do little to deserve their status as best-sellers.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I mean, sports games by their very nature lack innovation. It's the same thing every year for every sports game, and the Call of duty has released a slightly update, reskinned game every year since call of duty 4. It's not "hating on," it's stating a fact.

Danman27 said:
I mean, sports games by their very nature lack innovation. It's the same thing every year for every sports game, and the Call of duty has released a slightly update, reskinned game every year since call of duty 4. It's not "hating on," it's stating a fact.

It's also a fact that they keep selling big. Not that I'm a fan of either.

I say those things about COD and Assassin's Creed when people shit on Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, and basically Nintendo in general due to similar reasons.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]