By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do Gamers Hate On Everything That's In?

Why is it that most gamers, hate  on everything that seems to be in at the moment. Such as people constantly say that Fifa ( One of the most popular sports games in the world ) is just updated teams and nothing else and then go on to brag about the fact that their last Fifa game was Fifa 11. Another example is people hating on COD and saying it's the same thing every year yet they then go on to gloat about how their last COD game was Call Of Duty: Black OPS. Discuss.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Cause we are bored and people's anger makes us happy

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The anger doesn't stem from what's popular in itself, it's undeserved success and popularity from a clear lack of effort, creativity, or originality. Gamers feel like this sends the developers and shareholders a message that cheap, unoriginal games are what we want and they'll make more generic yearly soccer/shooter games instead of trying new ideas to expand the medium.

These games are popular, but they don't do much to expand or innovate from their previous entries.

Gamers know that games can be way more than just the generic shooter that comes out every year, and feels extremely similar.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

is there a difference between fifa games? they all look the same, play the same and are full of funny bugs...

and cod is bad since they went away from WW2 and storys inside real history, the mp was never good by anymeans and the community is the worst.

and i enjoyed a lot of new games and IPs this year.  steam is so good to us.

Around the Network

I'm not a hipster, so I just like what I like regardless of what others think of it.

These are the same people that will crowdfund "Classic" games because they really actually want more of the same, just not as recent. Go figure.

I'm pretty sure that's an internet thing and not just exclusive to gamers.

The question might as well ask "Why does anyone hate anything?"

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I genuinely believe that releasing an iteration of the same game every year dilutes its essence.

I dont "hate", i know that these yearly releases are 90% of the time not worth the money, and its not because its "in" that i'm going to think any differently.