By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all this negativity about Sony, all of a sudden?

DerNebel said:
Also funny how all of blame is put on the Xbox fanbase, when a lot of the negativity, including threads, in the last couple days came from me.

And I supported those.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
DerNebel said:
Also funny how all of the blame is put on the Xbox fanbase, when a lot of the negativity, including threads, in the last couple days came from me.

And I supported those.

Well maybe we unknowingly switched camps :D

Neh, there has been negativity around Nintendo, there has been negativity around Microsoft, there has been negativity around PC and now its Sony's turn once again. They shouldn't be immune to it if people feel bad against them. Just wait till e3 and bam, it will be over

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

People that are upset are usually louder about it more often than people that are okay, feeling good, or do not give a fuck. As someone that fits into the latter 3, I will not defend my opinion that I am mostly satisfied with third party games on my PS4 all  the time.

That and people that play a lot of platforms care more about exclusives. They do not buy PC, X1 and PS4 to play the same multiplatform games on each platform. I have been there, done that and am not doing it again until X1 gets more exclusives I want to actually play.

Roronaa_chan said:
What negativity? Everything is fine and dandy
The king is back baby
Bloodborne
The king returns
Ps2 all over again
Bloodborne
70% market share
E3 hats
Bloodborne
Yadda yadda

Well maybe you should finnally Hunt your Nightmares to make your PS4 purchase worthwile?  

Around the Network

Sony loses one NPD report and the entire internet goes ape$hit lol.

But seriously, Sony fans need to stop constantly playing the victim here, When you're constantly bragging about being #1 and hailing the return of the "glory days" of Sony domination like the PS1 & 2 eras, you can see why people are going to take potshots at your favorite console, especially when mega hyped high profile exclusives turn out to be huge busts (The Order) and the reports of your main competition's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Perhaps people aren't fully happy with the exclusives that have been released so far. Sure many are happy with Bloodborne, but unfortunately it isn't a genre that everyone plays. The general consensus was that The Order didn't live up to the hype. I think people are expecting more from Sony especially with how well they are doing.
I don't have a PS4 so it's kind of moot to me, but that just seems to be the general feeling I have got from this forum as well as other pages.
I'm also not sure it's negativity per se but there hasn't been a whole lot of info from Sony recently and it's expected because E3 is coming up shortly. Both MS and Nintendo have been touting that they have lots of info coming up for E3 but Sony has been uncharacteristically quiet about it.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Its actually pretty normal.

XBox users will downplay games like Persona 5, Until Dawn, No Man's Sky, Tearaway, Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Let it Die, Deep Down, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, The Tomorrow Children, Hellblade, Rime, Star Ocean or Rocket League because they are not shooters.

The same reason why they will glorify games like TitanFall, Gears of War, Halo or Quantum Break.

By the way, PS4 has more unreleased 2015 games that what XB1 will have in the entire year. Hate on that ;p

Warned - Leadified

super6646 said:

For the second half of the year, Sony's line up is horrible compared to Microsoft. No one is wrong about that.

Rocket League will be released on PS4 in the second half of the year. So actually everybody is wrong about that. Let's recap:

2nd Half of 2015: Sony - Rocket League, Microsoft - No Rocket League.

Sony Lineup > MS Lineup.

QED

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm sure Microsoft and Sony execs are sending over the gift baskets now for how well we've all defended their honor in this thread.

@OP

Whether the discussion is negative or positive, as long as folks are within the rules then they can post however they want. Different viewpoints are always welcomed, as it helps to diversify discussion here on the forums.

As for this thread, it's become a battle ground instead of a discussion topic. I can handle negativity, but hostility is another thing entirely. Locking. ^_^