By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all this negativity about Sony, all of a sudden?

First of all, this is my first thread, so please be patient and forgive me if I make some mistakes while making it. Also, I hope that this topic won't bring heated discussions, so please make civil comments, thank you.

Now, back on topic!

I can't help but feel how much negativity grew around Sony recently in this forum. And I honestly can't understand why. Sony recently released three exclusives in the first part of the year, two of them are new IPs and Bloodborne is considered by most people a masterpiece. Not to mention that PS4 still has most exclusives and therefore more games than the competition (I'm talking about Microsoft). Yet people keep complaining about how Sony first party output is insufficient (not that the competiton did better) or that they keep delaying games (like everybody do). And know, coupled with the fact that Xbox One won the last NPD, the same people expect nothing but disappointment from Sony during E3 and fireworks from Microsoft, just because Spencer has to tweet even when he goes to the toilet. 

To those people: chill out.

Everyone knows that all of Sony's studios are working on new games, you don't have to be afraid of losing your investment. Tons of games will come for your console of choice when the time is right. Surely Sony too will have surprises for this E3. Now all of a sudden is essential to have all the huge, expensive AAA exclusive titles for the holiday season? While risking that your games don't sell well because of the many and great third party titles that are coming out? Is it so different to play Uncharted 4 four, five months later, just to make an example? 

Please share your opinions.

Around the Network
Risthel said:

First of all, this is my first thread, so please be patient and forgive me if I make some mistakes while making it. Also, I hope that this topic won't bring heated discussions, so please make civil comments, thank you.

Now, back on topic!

I can't help but feel how much negativity grew around Sony recently in this forum. And I honestly can't understand why. Sony recently released three exclusives in the first part of the year, two of them are new IPs and Bloodborne is considered by most people a masterpiece. Not to mention that PS4 still has most exclusives and therefore more games than the competition (I'm talking about Microsoft). Yet people keep complaining about how Sony first party output is insufficient (not that the competiton did better) or that they keep delaying games (like everybody do). And know, coupled with the fact that Xbox One won the last NPD, the same people expect nothing but disappointment from Sony during E3 and fireworks from Microsoft, just because Spencer has to tweet even when he goes to the toilet. 

Everyone knows that all of Sony's studios are working on new games, you don't have to be afraid of losing your investment. Tons of games will come for your console of choice when the time is right. Surely Sony too will have surprises for this E3. Now all of a sudden is essential to have all the huge, expensive AAA exclusive titles for the holiday season? While risking that your games don't sell well because of the many and great third party titles that are coming out? Is it so different to play Uncharted 4 four, five months later, just to make an example? 

For the second half of the year, Sony's line up is horrible compared to Microsoft. No one is wrong about that.

Yeah, the sudden rise in negativity is certainly an odd one, a few being from Sony fans themselves. Makes me wonder why. Though I do think their 1st party output has been a little lacking. I guess I was expecting more at this point in time. But they aren't doing as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

super6646 said:

For the second half of the year, Sony's line up is horrible compared to Microsoft. No one is wrong about that.

For the first part of the year, Microsoft's line up is none existant. Where are the articles?

The PS5 Exists. 

super6646 said:
Risthel said:

Now, back on topic!

horrible? oh man, that is not true ^^

this year:
The Order 1886
Bloodborne !!!!
MLB15
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Persona 5 !!!!! (best rpg this year)
No Mans Sky  !!
Hellblade

God of War 3 Remaster, maybe the Uncharted Collection or Tales of Zestriria for PS4

Until Dawn, Teareway, Disgaea 5 (big JRPG-strategie game), Dragon Quest Heroes and the better 1080p multi-games like the witcher 3 (ec).

Games like Naruto UNS4, Metal Gear Solid 5, next Fifa, Assassins Creed and Call of Duty (1080p) coming too. So, i think - its a awesome year for the PS4.

the fanboy-hate on vgchartz versus sony is funny ^^ no console has so many games this year. Look at the list of releases - IGN.com

Around the Network

Dude dont even pay attention to it, Sony always takes its good long time to start dropping its big exclusives out, and because of that its gonna get a lot of shit from people (especially from those who dont even own the console and will likely never even buy one... how ironic...).

Anyway once they start putting out theyr big games they wont stop until the gen ends and the "PS5" releases, and chances are that it will still be getting exclusives way after the gen has ended and the x1 and wii u are long dead (just like the PS3 is still getting exclusives to this day)

Every company experiences a dip in favorable image depending on the day.

Examples: Microsoft was very rarely spoken positively about around the XBO reveal, or during the MCC launch. Nintendo was criticized for the Zelda delay and getting into mobile gaming.

It just happens. It sucks, but it happens.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

GribbleGrunger said:
super6646 said:

For the first part of the year, Microsoft's line up is none existant. Where are the articles?

we all know that m$ has realy realy weak firstparty games, so nobody cares if nothing comes out in half a year or not.

sony was realy strong in the end of last gen, alot stronger than they can normaly be, they overstreched some studios and put everything in a short time.  normaly sonys firstparty games are weak too.

What negativity? Everything is fine and dandy
The king is back baby
Bloodborne
The king returns
Ps2 all over again
Bloodborne
70% market share
E3 hats
Bloodborne
Yadda yadda

Probably just higher expectations from Sony.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."