By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the worst priced game you have seen?

Tagged games:

Hynad said:
StarOcean said:

Well at least it dropped in price XD Never heard of Futureshop before though

Futureshop = A BestBuy branch in Canada.

oohh! Such an odd name.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
CladInShadows said:
Arcturus said:

O Canada!

Back when I was a kid in Newfoundland, I wandered into a Shopper's Drug Mart and saw the SNES game Vegas Stakes for....

wait for it...

103.99 plus tax (which, by the way, was more than 19% in the province at the time)

I didn't buy it.

And this doesn't even factor in inflation. When you take a $100 SNES game, add the 19% sales tax, ($119) then factor in inflation, you come out to $172 in today's dollars. All that for some SNES games that have a playthrough length of only a few hours.

Yeah, it's bloody crazy.  Especially for a shitty card/gambling game.

Cloudman said:
StarOcean said:

Least you're not going to be forced to play it XD Most people I hear say its bad. Never played it, but it definitely isn't cheap

I played it as a kid and loved it, oddly. I liked all the things people hated about it, such as the lack of story, or getting items for free.

It's probably exaggerated bad then. Probably not the best, but not the worst either. It's strange thinking the N64 had any RPGs at all considering it's probably the only major console since the 2nd Gen to barely have any.

StarOcean said:
Hynad said:

Futureshop = A BestBuy branch in Canada.

oohh! Such an odd name.

Read my edit.

Sonic Boom for 599 NOK.

More than Super Smash Bros. 4 costs now -_-

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Cloudman said:
StarOcean said:

Least you're not going to be forced to play it XD Most people I hear say its bad. Never played it, but it definitely isn't cheap

I played it as a kid and loved it, oddly. I liked all the things people hated about it, such as the lack of story, or getting items for free.

It's probably exaggerated bad then. Probably not the best, but not the worst either. It's strange thinking the N64 had any RPGs at all considering it's probably the only major console since the 2nd Gen to barely have any.

: ( Yeeeah.... there was Ogre Battle 64 though. Excellent RPG-ish game on the system ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hynad said:
StarOcean said:

oohh! Such an odd name.

Read my edit.

Just read it. That makes more sense. I was wondering why Bestbuy would call itself Futureshop in Canada, now it makes sense.

Cloudman said:
StarOcean said:

: ( Yeeeah.... there was Ogre Battle 64 though. Excellent RPG-ish game on the system ; )

I've never seen it for sale anywhere, I wonder if its rare o.o Isn't the first Paper Mario on 64?

Do special editions count? If so, Halo 5 sp edition is $300.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Last week I saw a preowned copy of The Wolf Among Us for £25. That same week you could buy a bundle of the two seasons of The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones for £32.

That is the worst I have seen recently.