By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last great game you played? Awesome, epic, unforgettable, truly a masterpiece.

The Last of Us, is really the last game I played that got my juices really flowing. Dragon Age Inquisition was epic in scope but it was "only" very good, not OMG amazeballs!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Xenoblade, and probably before that Mario Galaxy 1.

Both are games that did well to use similar mechanics and genres but managed to feel fresh and new.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

probably has to be Project M. Even with all the constraints and difficulties, it still continues to be great in every way to this day.

Though if we're not counting that it would have to be a clash between Mother 3 and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Truly masterpieces in my eyes.

Been playing my old PS2 games again and I've got to say:
SSX3
This game just won't age.
Started a new save file and completed Conquer the Mountain with only Platinum Medals just a few hours ago (excluding the Freeride medals). Amazing soundtrack. Outstanding track design and gameplay. Crap loads of content.

Out of the more recently released games that I've played:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Pure platforming bliss.

Bioshock Infinite for me. It was almost perfect.

Around the Network

Bloodborne

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Xenoblade Chronicles :3

Xenoblade Chronicles. Though SM3DW was also pretty exceptional and Zelda WWHD is a classic.