By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Dominates Ubisoft's Sales in Fiscal Year 2014/15, Xbox One Follows

Ubisoft announced its fiscal year 2014-15 financial results today, and they’re certainly positive, showing a gross profit of 1.463 billion Euros and a net income of 112.7 million Euros.

We also learn that the PS4 dominated sales in the year, bringing in 32% of the revenue, followed by Xbox One, that brought in 20% of the company’s revenue. North America is still the biggest market for the company, but it’s now followed closely by Europe, with just a 3% difference in revenue between the two regions..

The press release included a statement by President Yves Guillemot about the outlook for Fiscal Year 2015/2016.

“We have another very high-quality line-up for 2015-16, including new Assassin’s Creed and Just Dance® games, the hotly anticipated return of the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® franchise and the launch of a new high-potential creation, Tom Clancy’s The Division . Thanks to these new releases, very solid back-catalogue and digital revenues, and favorable exchange rates, we expect to see a further improvement in profitability.”

“We intend to continue pursuing our strategy of in-house creation of major franchises for the entertainment industry. Driven by ever more engaged communities, the ramp-up of our high-potential live services and overall growth in the sector, we believe this strategy puts us in a strong position for the foreseeable future”

This confirms a new Assassin’s Creed and Just Dance this year, in which Ubisoft expects an income of at least 200 million euros.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/12/ps4-dominates-ubisoft-sales-in-fiscal-year-201415-xbox-one-follows/

Around the Network

Look on the bright side; sales on the Wii U only dropped 2%.

Those poor 12% who bought Ubisoft PC games.

Others? I guess this means handhelds? Wow, they are doing better than I thought!

PS4 domination as usual

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Seems their PC bussines is decreasing

Damination! Congrats ps4.

Ruler said:
Seems their PC bussines is decreasing

I almost want to wonder as to why it does...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Domination.

Dr.Vita said:
Others? I guess this means handhelds? Wow, they are doing better than I thought!

Not sure if this post is meant to be sarcastic, but while handhelds did get lumped into "Others" this year, it is only a small portion of it.

For 2013/2014 the 3DS was 0%, the Vita was 1%, and Others was 3%.

For this year those have all been combined and we can see it is listed as 4% for 2013/2014.  I think the only new release was Tetris on the 3DS for 2014/2015, so I am guessing handhelds weren't the reason for any growth in Others.