By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Well, they released it at retail in Europe, which is a smaller market for Wii U than North America...

It was released only as a special edition that went for 80 Euro. I don't think Americans would have been happy about that either, paying $80 for such a game. Yes, it's a physical option, but being forced to pay a premium because they tossed in an artbook and other meaningless extras isn't a great option. After all, most people don't even buy such special editions of series they really like.

Just having a physical option at all would have placated a lot of those who were upset though. Also, "core" gamers go nuts for art books, steel cases, and all that jazz. :P

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
curl-6 said:

English voice cast listing for Xenoblade Chronicles X:

Both Shulk and Fiora's voice actors from the first game appear as player avatar options.

Well shit do I go with my fave Yuri Lowenthal or Bryce Papenbrook?? Why you gotta make this so hard Nintendo -__-

I had to IMDB those guys, but whoa, didn't realize the voice of Luka from Bayonetta 1/2 was an option!

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Just having a physical option at all would have placated a lot of those who were upset though. Also, "core" gamers go nuts for art books, steel cases, and all that jazz. :P

Oh please, most of them would have complained even more. If you really want a game, you will buy it digitally if that's the only way. Otherwise you are just looking for an excuse to maintain your gamer card while skipping a game you had asked for before.

Considering the situation in Europe, I for one am glad that there was an option to buy a digital copy because there is no way that I pay 80 Euro for a lesser game like Project Zero.

With Wii U's tiny HDD, a lot of people are unwilling to buy extra storage just for one game. For others, it's a matter of principal.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

With Wii U's tiny HDD, a lot of people are unwilling to buy extra storage just for one game. For others, it's a matter of principal.

Those are poor excuses. A 16GB USB stick costs around $10 nowadays, so extra storage for one game is basically a non-issue.

As for principles, this goes back to if you actually want a game. People who hold on to principles should ask themselves why they don't employ the principle to buy the games they want to play.

Wanting a game isn't always a binary yes/no choice. There are degrees of wanting something. 

And some people strongly dislike digital.

Anyone taking advantage of good Nintendo deals?

Was able to pick up Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger and The World Ends With You (all for DS) for only $27 today, which includes shipping. Didn't really intend on spending money on myself this year but that offer kinda fell in my lap and I had to take it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Anyone taking advantage of good Nintendo deals?

Was able to pick up Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger and The World Ends With You (all for DS) for only $27 today, which includes shipping. Didn't really intend on spending money on myself this year but that offer kinda fell in my lap and I had to take it.

Does the SE Online Store have free shipping?

$7 for TWEWY is a steal, but if I had to pay for shipping it wouldn't be worth it (shipping across boarders = expensive)

Too bad their deals don't apply to eShop

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

$7 for TWEWY is a steal, but if I had to pay for shipping it wouldn't be worth it (shipping across boarders = expensive)

I had to pay like $8 for shipping, but considering the low prices of the games, it didn't bother me too much.

I believe shipping to Canada is about $11 though. :/

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Platina said:

I had to pay like $8 for shipping, but considering the low prices of the games, it didn't bother me too much.

I believe shipping to Canada is about $11 though. :/

Alright, thanks.

Will pass on this deal, though it is indeed very tempting

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Here's a lil something Golden Sun fans might like O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Wanting a game isn't always a binary yes/no choice. There are degrees of wanting something. 

And some people strongly dislike digital.

So you didn't buy the game either?

It came out at retail here in Australia, I bought it physically.