By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
What happened ?

Nothing Oneeee, now go to bed.

Around the Network
Platina said:
Asriel said:
Does anybody remember the "What are Nintendo developing?" thread that used to be updated fairly regularly? Whatever happened to that?

It'd be interesting to have a new one to track what Entertainment Planning and Development (the reformed internal structure), plus Nintendo's subsidiaries, are making now.

I remember that thread though don't remember who made it so I can't find it D:

Simple google search gives: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205980

Was it that one?

RolStoppable said:

With all big titles going to a single platform, there will be several big titles every year. Switch is still missing Animal Crossing, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 9, Super Smash Bros. 5, a new Pokémon generation and other options. SSB4D can easily sell 5m copies, so that is blockbuster territory.

I would call the SSB port SSBS.

Have everyone doubt SSB5's development since they already released Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

At this point, given Eurogamer have been on the ball with a number of Switch leaks, and given the upcoming stars event, Game Freak hiring listings and website name changes - plus the HD models Game Freak made for Sun/Moon - all signs point to Stars being a Switch release, as far as I'm concerned. Nintendo's approach with game development has clearly shifted in recent years as a response to software droughts. Look at the number of cross-platform projects we've had:

- Smash 4 on 3DS & Wii U
- Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World being ported from Wii U to 3DS
- Breath of the Wild on Wii U/Switch
- Mario Kart 8 DX (Wii U) for Switch
- Fire Emblem Warriors on New 3DS/Switch

It's very clear Nintendo are happy to port games across different systems and develop cross-platform games. This will be one of the benefits to their combined development structure.

We're also seeing fairly significant re-use of existing game engines/assets to pump out software more quickly. Think not only Captain Toad coming out of 3D World, or Splatoon 2 emerging very quickly, but Nintendo's approach to some of their 3DS titles. Fire Emblem is a great example of this. The Awakening engine has been re-used for three Fates games, and is now being used for a remake of an older Fire Emblem game. I wouldn't be surprised if Fire Emblem Warriors is re-using the Hyrule Warriors engine, which we know worked on Wii U and 3DS. Again, this supports a possible Stars version- re-using the X/Y engine (already re-used for OR/AS, Sun/Moon), re-using Sun/Moon assets to make an enhanced game from a major franchise swiftly available on Switch is characteristic of Nintendo's current approach. For the next 18 months at least, with the new Switch/3DS owners being very different markets, some cross-platform titles make a lot of sense for Nintendo.

The big question for me isn't "Is Pokemon Stars on Switch?" but "When does it release?" Eurogamer's original report indicated the title was originally slated for summer 2017, but had been pushed back until Christmas: it's not inconceivable Stars has been delayed again, into Spring. I'd expect Nintendo will get it out this financial year (before April 2018), though I'm less convinced now that we'll see it by Christmas- the new hirings a couple of months ago suggest Game Freak didn't have the staff they required to get the Switch version finished. I'm sure in the next month we'll get an official confirmation, though, of Pokemon Stars for Switch and 3DS.

TomaTito said:
Platina said:

I remember that thread though don't remember who made it so I can't find it D:

Simple google search gives: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205980

Thanks for digging that up- I was thinking of the EAD thread, but the thread you found links to the EAD one. Cheers!

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

It's also playable on a TV though, and Nintendo act as though playing Pokemon this way is some sort of forbidden blasphemy.

Um, no. They think playing Pokémon without portability and the possibility of interacting with others is some sort of forbidden blasphemy, which is why the games are absent from the Wii U Virtual Console.

Exactly this. Also, this was known years ago.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

It's also playable on a TV though, and Nintendo act as though playing Pokemon this way is some sort of forbidden blasphemy.

Um, no. They think playing Pokémon without portability and the possibility of interacting with others is some sort of forbidden blasphemy, which is why the games are absent from the Wii U Virtual Console.

So basically, taking choices away from gamers for no good reason.

Asriel said:
TomaTito said:

Thanks for digging that up- I was thinking of the EAD thread, but the thread you found links to the EAD one. Cheers!

NP, tip for next time, use "site:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/" to google stuff in this site, much faster than VGC's own search.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Nintendo having multiple big releases during the holidays isn't uncommon. 2011 with SM3DL and MK7. 2012 with NSMBU and Animal Crossing (in Japan). 2013 with X/Y, ALBW, and SM3DW. 2014 with OR/AS and SSB4. I can definitely see Mario Odyssey + Pokemon being this year's 1-2 punch. As yal have already pointed out there's little doubt Stars will be on the Switch, be it as an exclusive or more likely (and tbh as it should be if it is indeed a sequel to S/M) as a multiplat.

From their official twitter:

By the wording it seems the direct will be limited to Switch games and 3DS stuff will only show up during treehouse, they are also making an ARMS tournament like I though. Also it says 2017 games so we probably won't have to wait 2 years for whatever they show in it.

So only one month until we get more Switch games details. Seems like the 3DS is getting the Vita treatment this year which makes sense if the Switch is eventually going to take its place entirely.

Signature goes here!