By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Metacritic Predictions

Now that Splatoon is right around the corner and we had our first glimpse into the testfire demo this weekend I thought it would be the perfect time to stqart predicting how Splatoon will be recieved.  Will it do what Nintendo wants it to do by bringing shooters to a family friendly market?  Will it fail, or be mixed?  What will happen?  Lets predict

Around the Network

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

While what I saw seemed to be fine I do think it might be judged against other shooters so it may have a lower rating than some expect. I can see a lot criticize the lack of VC (even if it isnt needed) and the battles seeming to go by a bit too fast. Dunno if there were any other big complaints about it.
I expect a 75-85% Metacritic

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Base game will receive lots of praise, but question marks will be raised over the amount of content at launch and the game's longevity.

75-80

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Based on how well the demo was received, I'll go with 91.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

79 or lower i expect a lot hate from reviewers

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Lots of positives, but will get docked points for lack of content, no chat, and very limited local multiplayer.