By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts big E3 announcements are pretty much all already out there.

OttoniBastos said:
DerNebel said:
OttoniBastos said:

Nintendo is kind of a dark horse in terms of new announcements to me, could be Metroid, could be Animal Crossing, could be Paper Mario, could be a new IP.

Sony is somewhat similar to MS in that we already know/can assume a good number of the bigger announcements (Horizon from GG, GT for PS4 if Tachikoma is to be believed), but there's still some more mystery in terms of if they are going to show off projects from some of their other AAA studios and what the projects of those other studios could even be. We know for example that Level 5(not a Sony studio, I know) is going to announce a JRPG but we can really only assume what it's going to be.

Is @tachikoma a insider? I know he worked for nintendo in the past.Does he work for sony now?

She works for Japan Studios and I think she said back in february that there will be a big GT PS4 announcement in the next 6 months.

Around the Network

Believe me there will be new things/surprises. 2016 is going to be great

kitler53 said:
HollyGamer said:
Maybe they will announce more exclusive money hating title like Tomb Rider, i don't know what , you can guess. But i doubt they will just announce tittle from last year. Microsoft is full of pride, they will not just let everything slip to SONY favor this year, they have the budget and if you are working with SONY i bet you will not underestimate them.

maybe but i'd bet against is.  publishers just can't afford to ignore (even for a while) the biggest audience.  as ps4's lead grows the cost of MS to money hat a game gets bigger and bigger.  at some point (even if ms can "afford" it) it's just a waste of money for ms.  a timed exclusive won't make people switch consoles,.. i'll just wait my 6 months to get tomb raider.   an exclusive or 2 helps more but a AAA exclusive won't come cheap.  ms would have to pay the entire development cost most likely.  an indie exclusive will mean nothing.

frankly, ms's best opion if they want to invest in xbox long term is to do what sony did during the ps3 gen.   buy/create more first party studios.  it's the cheapest most reliable way to get exclusive games for your system and does a lot to excite the fanbases. 

what are You talking about... Buying or creating a studio is way more expensive than any money hatting dev cost for one game... You have all the manpower to deal with, the infrastructure and overhead and stays your problem after the game is done...

excuse me you can call MS a shitty gaming company, heck you can call them a shitty software company... But there is one thing they excel at and by far surpasses Sony it's how to do good efficient and super lucrative business....

All eyes on Microsoft.

maximrace said:
Believe me there will be new things/surprises. 2016 is going to be great

^^^  Never steered me wrong before

Around the Network

What about this one?

Minecraft 2

And now MS exclusive.

What I want to see:

Halo 5
Gears 4
Quantum Break